MY rule change proposition

someone like you.

"Someone like you" = someone who didn't serve in the military = most of the population.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no because you have no idea, no experiences in it, and no plans to. all you have are your own little opinions.

thats like you claiming to be a winterguard expert because you watch dci on tv

umm... this is a thread about a rule proposal, not about experiences in the armed forces.

and your analogy blows...

like i previously stated....of course they can have opinions but they have no credibility.

So just like drum corps fans who haven't marched, their opinions don't matter (and are wrong) until someone with experience agrees with them. Right?

imagine some high school kid whos never marched corps acting like he knows everything about it. he might know what its like based on seeing it on tv, or at a show..

all the other high school kiddies who dont know will probably listen to the kid because they dont know either.. but if that kid starts talking like that around some corps vet whos actually been there and has that first hand experience, that vet will look at the kid exactly as it is.. just some little high school kid who thinks he knows about corps but really has no clue. and that kid.. is you.

no because you have no idea, no experiences in it, and no plans to. all you have are your own little opinions.

thats like you claiming to be a winterguard expert because you watch dci on tv

No, that would be like someone who'd seen DCI on TV applying for a job with Fantasia or Northern Lights.

He's not trying to tell you how to conduct urban warfare or hunt subs. He's just giving his opinion on your rules proposal. Isn't that why you posted it? For discussion?

Edited by MikeBob

So just like drum corps fans who haven't marched, their opinions don't matter (and are wrong) until someone with experience agrees with them. Right?

their opinions do matter.. but thats all it is.. opinions. they have no experience doing it, and they will see it completely different that from someone who has that experience.

I'm a former Army Ranger and I think it's a great idea. I joined when I was 17 and was 22 when I got out, so I never marched a DCI corps. Luckily MN Brass is an awesome Senior Corps and I was able to march there a few years.

Most jobs with age limits will extend the limit for the number of years served in the military (except pilots.) For example, if a police department has an age limit of 35, they will raise the limit to 41 if you served 6 years.

the fact of the matter is, Eric is one of those military people who thinks they should get special privilidges bc they SIGNED UP/VOLUNTEERED for the armed forces.

no. what i posted would not affect me.

nice try though

imagine some high school kid whos never marched corps acting like he knows everything about it. he might know what its like based on seeing it on tv, or at a show..

all the other high school kiddies who dont know will probably listen to the kid because they dont know either.. but if that kid starts talking like that around some corps vet whos actually been there and has that first hand experience, that vet will look at the kid exactly as it is.. just some little high school kid who thinks he knows about corps but really has no clue. and that kid.. is you.

once again, this has nothing to do with peoples experiences in the military! i dont know why you keep bringing that up, its not like people are saying they know what its like to be in it. all we are saying is that it is a CHOICE.

this is about a rule, not your experiences in the armed forces.