MY rule change proposition

Since when? I don't know about the rest of the nation, but down here, anything remotely political tied to the rightwing conservatives openly bashes to the fullest extent those of us with liberal views.

And morality is a touchy issue. Who's morals? YOUR morals? Why should I live by YOUR morals? Etc., etc., etc. ...

well i dont know about down there but i grew up in the blue state of washington and got that my whole life (or since i was old enough to know better)

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Age limit raised up to 25 (26 to follow the extra year policy), for ex-active duty military members only

This rule change will allow current marching members to serve their country for 4 years without missing their chance to "age out"

Umm...so how is it that you think anyone that joins the military these days will be allowed out in four years? I might be wrong here, but I was under the assumption that, given our current rate of incursion into various nations the globe, the DoD is doing all they can to stop the bleeding in our volunteer military. I mean, haven't many or most of those that expected an easy, in-and-out tour of duty been confronted with the reality that the terms of their service are subject to change when we are in a state of war? Especially when the nature of said war is as dynamic as the tides?

Just curious.

However, I DO support your idea, as it is a noble one, and our troops certainly deserve much in the way of thanks from the rest of us for their honorable service.

:rolleyes:

Umm...so how is it that you think anyone that joins the military these days will be allowed out in four years? I might be wrong here, but I was under the assumption that, given our current rate of incursion into various nations the globe, the DoD is doing all they can to stop the bleeding in our volunteer military. I mean, haven't many or most of those that expected an easy, in-and-out tour of duty been confronted with the reality that the terms of their service are subject to change when we are in a state of war? Especially when the nature of said war is as dynamic as the tides?

Just curious.

However, I DO support your idea, as it is a noble one, and our troops certainly deserve much in the way of thanks from the rest of us for their honorable service.

:rolleyes:

you are only contracted to 4 years unless you reenlist.

guess they won. too bad there wasnt any military around huh

What, were you on leave that day?

you are only contracted to 4 years unless you reenlist.

Or six, or three, or two. Depends on the enlistment/reenlistment, and the job you are doing or are going to do.

Frankly, what started out as a reasonable suggestion (though one I completely disagree with) has degraded to the point that it reminds me of the cinematic masterpiece "Billy Madison"...

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

End of line.

Personally, I think that if you didn't want to hear dissenting points of view or opinions, Eric, you shouldn't have posted in the first place. What kind of response did you think you'd get? A bunch of vets high-fiving you and the rest of us telling ourselves we should just stay out of it?

Frankly, what started out as a reasonable suggestion (though one I completely disagree with) has degraded to the point that it reminds me of the cinematic masterpiece "Billy Madison"...

you can thank 2 people for that. heres a hint. its not you.. or me.

End of line.

Personally, I think that if you didn't want to hear dissenting points of view or opinions, Eric, you shouldn't have posted in the first place. What kind of response did you think you'd get? A bunch of vets high-fiving you and the rest of us telling ourselves we should just stay out of it?

funny how you use my name like you know me.

and theres a difference between having a conversation about things than whatever the #### it was that you were rambling about

Edited by cire