cookville show cancelled

I got to see the corps that performed. Madison had major issues with feet. This is the worst I have seen them in 4 years. SCV was better but still dirty. Crown was much improved since the last time I saw them at Jacksonville, AL. Cadets to the point they were stopped were clean. I do not like the narration I heard. At times it can be heard other times it sounds like mumble. It( the narration and characters) takes away from a very fine performing corps.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to see the corps that performed. Madison had major issues with feet. This is the worst I have seen them in 4 years. SCV was better but still dirty. Crown was much improved since the last time I saw them at Jacksonville, AL.

SCV cleaner than Madison???

What show were you at???? :huh::lol::rock::rock: \

Madisons show was 5 times more complex than SCV and they did a good job executing it.Not like the days of old Madison but still good.

Rain was predicted to last until midnight, so they sent everyone home. Man what a bummer for those fans. If the show were in it's original location, I wonder if that's far enough west to be clear of the rain? Just a horrible set of circumstances this year for what is normally a great show.

Yeah, actually we drove through Murfreesboro to get home and it wasn't raining there, however it had been raining there (the roads were mostly dry though). So if it was at Murf, it would have been delayed I am sure and still gone on.

I remember in Allentown, i think two years ago, when the sky opened up during Glassmen's show. They literally ran off the field.

did they just walk off the field or march off?? run away??

what happens when your show is called for rain and you're in the middle of it???

d 2/3 finals in 04, i believe it was during ECJ's show, the announcer started calling for them to stop since there was lightening really close...and they didn't, they finished the show. there was a huge discussion in the d2/3 forums on it.

SCV cleaner than Madison???

What show were you at???? :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy: \

Madisons show was 5 times more complex than SCV and they did a good job executing it.Not like the days of old Madison but still good.

SCV was cleaner than Madison. I agree that Madison's show is more complex, but they are not executing. It takes away from the overall effect. I could see Madison dropping in the rankings.

By the way I was at Cookeville. Jubal, Madison, SCV, and Crown all did their complete shows before the rains came. Cadets were interrupted at the end of their percussion feature.

did they just walk off the field or march off?? run away??

what happens when your show is called for rain and you're in the middle of it???

They walked off the field under the back bleachers. We were told that when the weather sudsided, Cadets would start their show from the beginning.

I remember in Allentown, i think two years ago, when the sky opened up during Glassmen's show. They literally ran off the field.

No, they marched off, although it was a little disorganized. Not suprising since they were stopped right before their closer. They were already soaked to the bone so running wouldn't have made much of a difference (been in a few downpours myself :D ).