DCI Atlanta: A 23 Corps Buffet!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Knights!!!!! This is the first show I ever liked from them. Don't get me wrong, they are always a well rounded corps, but this show is awesome. And yes, I love the Barber piano concerto.....so that makes me biased!!!!

Looks like Joe Allison did not take too kindly to PR in GE Mus - 4th, 1/10 ahead of Cadets

Thats okay.. they got more than they deserved in GE Visual. I just can't get over it and I'm routin for them to take the trophy but fair is fair and they were 3rd or 4th best in GE visual tonite... not 1st. Anyone else agree?

Phantom hornline is fun to listen to but would not classify them as technically proficient. Overyplay too much for me to call them the best hornline but looks like the judge tonight felt they were. Really wish the Mellophones would back off and let the voice speak for itself as they have a great book to play.

SCV in 7th.....

Oh well, Dutch Boy won so it's still a good night for me!

DCI judging this year is really irregular - Cadets seem scored about 1-2 points low... the GE visual scores make no sense - uh - Cavaliers had that one big time! Music ensemble scores all mixed up.

Ah well - I enjoyed the shows. That matters most.

Is it the judging that is irregular George, or could it be that the Corps performances can vary from night to night ?

Bias judge.... It's really not fair to PR because they are lacking so much in visual and the judges are telling them they are the best? Come on clearly they are not the best visually.

Winning GE Visual doesnt mean that you're the best visually.

But....since we're on that subject...Regiment's Visual Performance Score was was almost a point behind that of the top 2. (.7 and .9 respectively)

So if Phantom Regiment can clean their feet at a faster pace then the other corps...who knows where they might go.

Getting 3rd at a major regional is a GREAT motivator.

Regiment hasnt beaten the Cavaliers since 1997...it would be fun for their to be an actual rivalry in Illinois again.

nevermind

Edited by Musical_Spinner

I've never heard this many people disagreeing with the judges across the board. I usually stand in the corner of the judges, but some of this is just silly.

Well, let's just remember that we were not there! There is no way that I feel comfortable challenging the judges when I didn't personally witness the performances. There's no way we can see the same things they do (especially visually what with the multi-cam show tonight). So I say let's enjoy the fact that we actually seem to have some movement in placements within each caption! Remember when everyone complained about the fact that caption placements simply followed the overall placements? Well, even if you disagree, at least be happy for the fact that there is actually some suspense when scores are announced! I can't wait for Madison!