DCI Atlanta: A 23 Corps Buffet!

On the field... The Cadets, presenting their 2007 program: "Part III: Here come the saxes!"... :P

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The changes I was hoping for were in the drum break section. The opener was fine before, in fact I liked the original better. .... so disapointing this year

OK, I must say, that was not nearly as hideous as I expected. Eliminating the singing in the opener was an inspiration. Still too gimmicky and winter-guardish for a top-tier Div 1 corps, IMO, but some really nice drill and music moments. This corps can really perform when they're not getting too caught up in gimmicks.

Nope...still not impressed by the show

Okay. Now I've finally seen it.

I'm officially on the side of those who don't like the vocals in this show.

It's performed very well, don't get me wrong, but design-wise... I can't think of anything nice to say. It was hard to sit through sometimes -- and not in a Marc Sylvester hold-onto-those-uncomfortable-moments way, but in an embarrassed sort of way. If that notorious FJM commercial was worse than this, I'd be very much surprised.

I think I'll be telling iTunes to only play the last 3 minutes of the show when I get the CDs into my computer..... The first 3/4ths of the show just doesn't work for me. :(

The most ADD disjointed show tonight. The ballad serves no contextural purpose at all IMO ... seems like "let's play a ballad for a ballad's sake" ... it just doesn't seem like in belongs in this show at all.