Best Contra line Ever?

Jimisback

2002 BD had a nice big sounding contra line and they had some hard parts <from what i hear on the recordings>

Edited by BADBRASS

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Go back and listen to the Cadets '91 Contra line. Those guys could play. They didn't see a drop of water until very late that season, and that was a staging issue. Check out the walking bass parts in Prelude, it rocks. Those guys could put out some sound too. Gotta give it up for Bratton, he can teach low brass.

99 regiment was off the chain, i heard the loudest they could play was mf because they would drown out the rest of the hornline, i also heard that that was the only year they stole the SAK from the buicks..... I think its bc Windham aged out the year before

I'm biased, but I am going to give shout to Pioneer Contra line of '98 ask... Don Kiahatsu!!!

Don KICKS!!! ("That was good..but it could be Louder" ... "I hear a large sucking sound coming from the [fill in the blank] section") HAHAHA

Oh... and as for this thread.. I'd have to say PR '99.. that was my second year of corps (first FULL year) and I couldn't get enough of that show! I have a million bazillion pictures of the contra line during a bunch of their shows thruought that season..and now, I dont' understand the pics..haha...

99 regiment was off the chain, i heard the loudest they could play was mf because they would drown out the rest of the hornline, i also heard that that was the only year they stole the SAK from the buicks..... I think its bc Windham aged out the year before

That could be Beef....much SAK aged out of the line that year.....but I saw them last summer...very young corps...and they were loud, possesing much SAK...God i cant wait for the summer

• 1 month later...

diddnt PR have like 18 contras in 99? or ii at least looked like it did. Star '93 was a good line. But my favorite is PR '96.