When did drum corps make you cry

July 23rd, 2006, when I tore my ACL, and realized I wouldn't get to finish my rookie year, or march my home show that night.

Edited by PioSop06

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, it's not Canon in 2003 Phantom, it's Lord's Prayer with all the big chords and chimes at the end. Also, the end of Mahler this year about did me in when I was at the practice right up close and personal. :unsure:

When they amplified the pit and started using naration. Actually I hurled!

w/Stp:

Actually, I can live with some of the pit amplification, but the narration..... Leave it in the theatre!!!

i was listening to 2003 Phantom Regiment a week ago and when they had the big hit toward the end in Canon and the drums were going nuts in the background i just started tearing up. it is so beautiful

When I heard the beginning of the Cadet's show in San Antonio. - Then it made me sick...

1988 at the end of velvet knight's show. when the stripper-like girl came out of the patriotic hat.

Lol - Yes, that was pretty fun! She also threw a kitchen sink out onto the field - did you catch that?!

Hearing SCV play "send in the clowns" is freakin amazing
I agree .... Send in the Clowns does it for me. When my son auditioned in 2004 for SCV, he said it was worth the cost of the airfare just to play it with them.

Well yeah, that one gets all of us SCV alums to cry just about every time we hear it. In '89, we only played it if we won Vanguard's home show (Pacific Procession) and DCI. We played it both times, and Gail Royer himself conducted us at DCI. :)

And I'd definitely pay to play that just once! That arrangement is the Spirit of the Vanguard.

watching the Vanguard Alumni perform at teh Vanguard show.......when they hit the bottledance, I couldn't help but cry, feeling I was finally witnessing one of the greatest things in drum corps EVER!

Funny, I couldn't even hear us playing "The Bottledance" in 2002 because the crowd at Madison was so friggin' LOUD! b**bs I almost stopped playing altogether!

Another one I'd forgotten about was the Spirit of JSU tribute. When they played "Send in the Clowns", with Gail Royer's flag running down the field, oh yeah...I lost it. I miss U G.R.!

Edited by PeeWee

being in the center of the BD warmup arc before a show earlier this year brought tears to my eyes. beautiful.

oh.. and in 99 during precision west when the lights in the city went out half way through the show.. half the corps AND the audience was in tears..

Edited by cire

When the Drumline of Capital Regiment had to do basics for two and an half hour in 2004, building to tempo 220 Playing a triplet diddle excersize...that was so intense, I had to cry...with no emotion...

When I heard the beginning of the Cadet's show in San Antonio. - Then it made me sick...

Nope - I went to the mens room and bought a Madison Scouts shirt during the Cadet's show.

Seeing the scores from NC last night and realizing that the Dark Knights are now all the way back!!! Tears of joy!

Wes Perkins