Crossmen have no housing in Madison

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened for them to not have housing at this point?

What happened for them to not have housing at this point?

I'm not sure. If i am not mistaken, DCI does all housing arrangements for finals week. When this happened before, DCI had to put corps (Magic & Kiwanis I believe) in hotels.

This happened to us at DC in 2000. Air conditioning, beds, hot showers. :)

Would it be possible for the Crossmen to shack up with the Cadets or another corps? I'm sure some of those schools are large enough to accommodate more than one corps. Depending on the practice field situation, it could work.

This happened to us at DC in 2000. Air conditioning, beds, hot showers. :)

Would it be possible for the Crossmen to shack up with the Cadets or another corps? I'm sure some of those schools are large enough to accommodate more than one corps. Depending on the practice field situation, it could work.

Finals week is a holy grail to Drum Corps and their housing. With fans, parents, alums popping in and rehearsals that can determine placements or that "extra day" it is very undesirable for corps to share finals sights. In addition, there is the issue of scheduling, field usage and conflict, showers, sleeping quarters, etc.

We (Mystikal) had a huge problem with finding housing even during the season, so I can definitely imaging it being a problem for a ton of corps in one area. The fact is, a lot of districts are going to "no overnight" policies, and its really hurting the activity. There just aren't enough places willing or able to take in a corps, even for a night.

Finals week is a holy grail to Drum Corps and their housing. With fans, parents, alums popping in and rehearsals that can determine placements or that "extra day" it is very undesirable for corps to share finals sights. In addition, there is the issue of scheduling, field usage and conflict, showers, sleeping quarters, etc.

You have to take what you can get. In DC, when we finally got a school, we shared it with Yamato. It was a pretty small school, but there were two (pretty bad) fields to use, so we were set.

i was in magic '04 and we were in a pretty sweet hotel, we had to drive about 20 minutes to our rehearsal site (a field near a prison, kind of creepy) but it was ok, other than the not being able to make any noise because of the other guests, but it all worked out well...