What Corps Eats The Best?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always heard Phantom eats really good. They published a (the only?) drum corps cook book back in the 70's sometime.

Reading the menu's on Josh's diary it sound like they have a lot of good stuff.

Blueberrey pancakes

Chocolate chip pancakes

Breakfast pizza

Breakfast burritos

and lots more

The Cadets hire a professional Chef for tour dont they? I would imagine the YEA! corps eat VERY well.

Do I feel a competition coming? Can we get DCI to give us some of those guys in the green polos to judge the trailers? What would the sheet look like? I demand unbiased evaluation! I can't stand not knowing who is best!

It would be cool if they had a cook-off (maybe the same day as individuals) and had DCI judges judge the cooking. They could have a special award for best food. :P

i hear SCV spoils their kids with some of the best cooking on tour

Their not spoiled, just well taken care of... :blink:

Do I feel a competition coming? Can we get DCI to give us some of those guys in the green polos to judge the trailers? What would the sheet look like? I demand unbiased evaluation! I can't stand not knowing who is best!

Can you imagine? One massive drum corps tailgate with all the cook trucks at once...

That would be a finals to remember!

It would be cool if they had a cook-off (maybe the same day as individuals) and had DCI judges judge the cooking. They could have a special award for best food. :P

I was thinking this too as I was reading through the first posts -- you beat me to it :blink:

No joking, I think this is an EXCELLENT idea -- if anyone from DCI is lurking .....

I could see a huge tailgate party/cook-off maybe before Semis or Finals. Of course, we'd have to make sure that the corps themselves are still taken care of those days, but I'm sure something can be figured out. This could be the start of a GREAT tradition and an excellent addition to finals week.

The Cadets hire a professional Chef for tour dont they?

Does the chef annoyingly sing during the meal too?

I couldn't resist....

Edited by ogre

from my experience, Magic of Orlando always fed me well,

chicken parmesian

steak (on occasion)

spaghetti

meatball subs

tacos

One Night, for snack, they gave us each a bag of fritos and told us to open it up, then proceeded to pour hot beans/chili in them. I was confused, yet wanted more when I was done...(<--my favorite)

One Night, for snack, they gave us each a bag of fritos and told us to open it up, then proceeded to pour hot beans/chili in them. I was confused, yet wanted more when I was done...(<--my favorite)

bet they got the idea from Bluecoats "Taco's in a bag" basically a bag of doritoes with a bunch of stuff dumped into the bag on top of it. eat it with a fork right out of the bag.