What Corps Eats The Best?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bet they got the idea from Bluecoats "Taco's in a bag" basically a bag of doritoes with a bunch of stuff dumped into the bag on top of it. eat it with a fork right out of the bag.

exactly, except it wasn't doritos, instead fritos.. but yeah omg soooooooo gooooooood!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you imagine? One massive drum corps tailgate with all the cook trucks at once...

That would be a finals to remember!

We did something like this during the long rehearsal day for the Tour of Champions in 2004. The 6 cook trucks were lined up in a semi-circle and you could choose any of the trucks. I think ate had some spaghetti from the Scouts' cook truck.

There was also some kind of competition among the cook trucks. If I remember my ToC DVD correctly, the Blue Devils won.

i was fed VERY well on tour.. in fact.. too much cause i was gaining weight near the end of it lol..

my favorite of course, was the cheese bagels we would get after most shows..

but we would be told to bring members of other corps over to eat with us, because we knew we were fed so well, AND so much.. we would always have left overs and would let people eat with us (especially from the smaller corps who dont get fed as well). during practices, we would always have pb&j available on the field to eat during breaks, and a ice machine at our field

ive eaten with vanguard once, that was pretty good too.. and i always heard cadets were fed well also.

Can you imagine? One massive drum corps tailgate with all the cook trucks at once...

That would be a finals to remember!

I can imagine, they used to do exactly that at the DCM championships. If I remember correctly, it was the same day as the I&E Competition and the DCM Fun Day (Tug-of-war, volleyball, bus pushing, etc.)

Too bad they don't still do that, it might have been one lost practice day, but it was also a much needed day off in the middle of the summer usually.

bet they got the idea from Bluecoats "Taco's in a bag" basically a bag of doritoes with a bunch of stuff dumped into the bag on top of it. eat it with a fork right out of the bag.

Okay guys, that's just midwestern :spit: GROSS!!! Yuck!

We ate so well in the '79 SkyRyders that Lee Carlson was once heard to say about breakfast (in jest) that :

"The Quiche was cold and the Champange was flat"

one other time in Oklahoma, one of the members families killed a cow and bar-b-q'd it for the corps ( yum, yum !)

ah, the memories...

I'm envious of any corps that eats good- we had many a "meal" of just watermelon OR expired twinkies, OR plain cereal- no milk- (not even PB+J!)

Not that it was the corps fault, there were just some money issues that plague some of the small corps- but that didn't stop us-we still had some great times in the summer!

But I am a regular reader of the colts cooktruck blog- and they always have awesome food listed- Don't know how it tastes, but they seem to be really creative! Plus, it seems like they have such a nice family atmosphere there!!

Check it out: http://coltscooktruck.blogspot.com/