What Corps Eats The Best?

Miss Amana always took care of me....thanks volunteers!!

He's right, we do need to show some love to the volunteers! i know i would have starved had it not been for them!!! so thank you everyone on ANY food truck throughout DCI!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong, I Loved Ollie Mae and Kool-Aid Mary!

But, in my years in the Scouts, the cook truck took great pride in coming in well under the food budget every year.

Breakfast- always cereal (one box of cap'n crunch, one box of apple jax, 45 boxes of generic corn flakes, or generic rice krispies-don't sleep in!), bad juice, milk, PBJ, and laser beam percolated coffee (yum!).

Lunch- cold cut sandwiches, one piece of meat, one piece of cheese "That's enough! they're all the same!" and salty kool aid (mixed by Mary's arm!).

Dinner- Beanie weenie, taco salad, PBJ, repeat.

In short, did I eat adequately and nutritiously? Yes.

Did I hang around the VK food truck after shows, hoping for a handout?

Umm...

I will say that the Cavaliers eat very very well.

two words......dump cake.

dump cake...

:worthy::huh::huh:

dump cake? continue, please!

Edited by Vanguard07

The Cadets hire a professional Chef for tour dont they? I would imagine the YEA! corps eat VERY well.

I don't know about the Cadets, but one person -- Donna -- runs the Crossmen kitchen. It's amazing what she's able to do with the budget she's given, and the kids are always very appreciative of her talents and of the other kitchen moms (and dads) who help out.

We did something like this during the long rehearsal day for the Tour of Champions in 2004. The 6 cook trucks were lined up in a semi-circle and you could choose any of the trucks. I think ate had some spaghetti from the Scouts' cook truck.

There was also some kind of competition among the cook trucks. If I remember my ToC DVD correctly, the Blue Devils won.

The corps that marched in the Wakefield, Mass. parade (this year: Cadets, Phantom, Crown, Crossmen, Magic and maybe one or two more, my middle-aged brain has let me down) have "shared" food trucks for the past two years.

I don't know about the Cadets, but one person -- Donna -- runs the Crossmen kitchen. It's amazing what she's able to do with the budget she's given, and the kids are always very appreciative of her talents and of the other kitchen moms (and dads) who help out.

I think the Cadets hired a professional to manage the kitchen but illness kept him off tour and, thus, the food truck has been a volunteer operation from bumper to bumper. That said, the food is good (for tour food) and there is plenty of it.