Blue Stars

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw them last night, and i thought they were outstanding... my first time seeing the show, so i don't know if they had plateaued yet... but they still have plenty of cleaning they can do..

I miss the white stripe on their pants...as well as the white cumberbun.

I saw them at San Antonio. Honestly, I think that they can only go so far with that show.

Also, their issues (at least in the brass) with cleanliness seemed to be mostly a matter of individual ability. What I mean by this is that the blatting, cracking, out of tune notes, etc seemed to be a consitant problem, while not everyone was contributing equally to the sound. This makes me think that there is a diverse mix of talent, and as long as the stronger players are the only ones contributing, the sound will suffer greatly. I was only a few rows up, and in the tougher passages I could pick out the individuals who were and were not playing. The number playing those passages semmed lower than many of the corps ahead of them, but on par with the corps below them.

what's goin on? they're doin great! and i'm sure the kids are having a blast turning everyone's heads night after night, enjoying a great run in their first year back in D1.

For me whether they've peaked or reached a plateau it amazes me that they have come back to Division I like they never left.

Even shows that can be taken to the next level from corps that have been in the top 12 for years and even top 5 have shows that just don't get the marks.

Kudos to Blue Star for doing something so exeptional and so rare!!!!!!!!!

And good luck during the remainder of the season!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe Capital Regiment who has passed them just had more to clean with their show. Regardless, it has been one heck of a year for them and barring any major surprises, they should be in at least 16th place and in Semi Finals. I don't think Mandarins, Pacific Crest or Southwind can catch them.

Having seen their show a couple times...Here are my thoughts...

While the corps moved up to Div 1, many elements of their design didn't...specifically visual. Much less demanding than other corps in the same 13-17 umbrella. They have, with that said, been performing well for a while now.... Corps who they were beating by more than a few points (Capital Regiment, Southwind) a couple of weeks back are putting out more demanding show that are now getting clean. Hence why Capital past them and Southwind is on their heels. An early season peak...that's a possibility.

Either way - This season has been a huge step for the Blue Stars has an orginization. I enjoy their show.....and from what I read fans everywhere do as well.

I think the corps is suffering from some design issues that reflect more on staff than the members themselves. This show was only going to take them so far, and finals was not going to be its destination.

Well put. Thats kinda what I was getting at in my above post.