Rosander to retire after this year

I don't know too much about Myron's history, other than the fact that I really like his drills...

Can anyone fill me in on:

1. How long he's been designing, and where?

2. What did he play? Or was he a guard guy?

3. Where did he march?

4. Is it true that he just draws the forms and has someone else plot them?

Thanks. I actually like his drills...they're just too hard sometimes for the corps he's written them for. Still, 1997-2004 SCV had some great drill.

I know he marched Santa Clara Vanguard in 1980 (I want to say on mellophone?). He's listed on the State of the Art CD.

From madisonscouts.org

Myron Rosander is currently Visual Designer for the 2 time DCI World Champion Madison Scouts Drum and Bugle Corps from Madison, Wisconsin. Mr. Rosander is also in his 4th year as Visual Designer for the highly respected Bushwacker's Drum and Bugle Corps from Harrison, NJ. Also, Myron design's for the L.D. Bell High School Marching Band from Hurst, TX, the 2005 Bronze medalist at the BOA Championships in Indianapolis, IN.

Prior to that, Myron was a performer, instructor, Visual Designer and Assistant Director for 26 year's for the 6 time DCI World Champion Santa Clara Vanguard from Santa Clara, CA. Mr. Rosander was also Visual Designer in 2002 for the DCI finalist Seattle Cascades Drum and Bugle corps.

Myron has designed and conducted clinics for several successful bands and winter guards for the past 25 year's. He has served on the DCI Task Force and is an authority in the visual arts pageantry activity. Rosander has also been the NWMBC Judges Coordinator for 4 out of the past 8 year's, as well as a respected judge for BANDS OF AMERICA.

Currently, Myron Rosander resides in the city of San Jose, CA

I don't know too much about Myron's history, other than the fact that I really like his drills...

Can anyone fill me in on:

1. How long he's been designing, and where?

2. What did he play? Or was he a guard guy?

3. Where did he march?

4. Is it true that he just draws the forms and has someone else plot them?

Thanks. I actually like his drills...they're just too hard sometimes for the corps he's written them for. Still, 1997-2004 SCV had some great drill.

Here's a little background on him, courtesy of Drum Corps World:

http://www.drumcorpsworld.com/articles.cfm?ID=413

Here's a little background on him, courtesy of Drum Corps World:

http://www.drumcorpsworld.com/articles.cfm?ID=413

I find it fascinating how quickly his drills got so complex. I mean...from 1987 to 1996 they had good, solid drill, but certainly nothing that I would put in the same league as with Cavaliers, Regiment, Cadets, or Star during those years. Then BAM! 1997, and it is a completely different style, one that I loved. Can anyone who was there speak about how that style change came about, how it was received, and why he left SCV after 30 years?

97-01 Vanguard had easily the most exciting drill of any drum corps over that time period, as far as I'm concerned. I see 99 as his masterpiece; it quite literally is a masterpiece of drum corps as visual art. He hasn't really topped it yet, IMO, but he might someday and I wouldn't be at all surprised. His drill stuff is genius; it's always enjoyable, at the very least.

Myron Rosander kicks ###. ^0^ If there's a drum corps legends pantheon, well, he's right in there.

Edited by festive

1998 was pretty #### sweet, especially the opener. I think 1998-2000 had a style unique to anything else we've seen before, even from Rosander.

Was proud to have Myron as my first marching tech in in drum corps with VF. I was proud to know that he was in the stands watching at DCA in '04 and proud to count him as a friend.

Best of luck with whatever happens in the future, Myron.