Who was your Corps Director? Time to recognize .

SCV

93 = Dr.LEN ^0^ <**>

94 = Dr.LEN ^0^ <**>

95 = Dr.LeN ^0^ <**>

Shhhh...we do not speak his name! :blink: He-who-must-not-be-named is gone, and his rein is over. It is enough. :lol:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine was Tim Cardinal with Cincinnati Glory. The man single handedly kept us fed and on tour in 2000. Him and his wife Jeanie (not sure if that is how she spells it).

VF- Gary Runsten and Bobby Hoffman

CA Dons- Mel Stratton

Well, because the OP stated that this thread was only to concern non-Top 12 directors (ahem): Darrell Griffin, the director of the San Diego Alliance from 2002-2004, was a fantastic director, and I hope he will be again some day. Could not have asked for anything more. He did exactly what a director is supposed to do and then some. Really enjoyed working with him. He cared about the corps immensely and always put the kids first.

Great big thanks to "The Silver Fox" - Ted Swaldo.

Nicest guy I've ever known. Completely committed to the corps and business savvy enough to get ANY job done - or find the RIGHT people to get it done for us.

An inactive corps in 83 - a DCI Finalist in 87. - 'Nuff Said!

However, Ted would make sure that we also acknowledge Art Drukenbrod, Tom Jakmides, Ralph McCauley and all of those who created the Bluecoats.

Edited by KFanti

Great big thanks to "The Silver Fox" - Ted Swaldo.

Heh. I just watched the vignette on him and the Bluecoats on the '88 DVD the other night.

Shhhh...we do not speak his name! :laugh:

I thought that was Tom Hixon

GAHHHH!!! I SAID IT!!! AAAAHHHHHH!!!

for myself....Mike Moxley....but then again, he DID have a well established org going on with BD.

John Johnson at Dagenham...how he dealt with a Yank I'll never know....props to him, tho, for ketting me keep my moustache when everyone ELSE had to shave (I would've cur it off had he asked....)

Vince Bruni (RIP) at Empire...

Can I say myself with Nightfire? EVERY rehersal was a crapshoot as to who would show, who would leave, etc...I sometimes think it was only my determination (ok ok....I was just too dumb to kn ow when to quit) that got the corps on the field at all in 96...

Harold " robby " Robinson. Robbo had his ways but i always new he loved the corps and the members of the corps. He is a great person and i consider mself lucky to have marched for him and with his 2 kids .

I had attended several winter camps but had to quit because of money. I ran into the corps doing an exhibition here in Wilmington 1 month before the first show and after talking to Mr Robinson let me march for free after finding out I didn't have the money.

I've known some great men and he's up there near the top.