Order of Appearance DCA Prelims

It seems a little stacked against some of the Southern coprs. They have to travel (a long distance)to go to most of their shows. CorpsVets have one of the higher averages and have to go 8th? Doesn't seem quite right.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A guess of top 10 based on probable exceptions:

1. Empire or Bucs or Bush

2. Bucs or Empire or Bush

3. Bush or Bucs or Empire :)

4. Cabs

5. Renegades (exception)

6. MBI (exception)

7. Brigs or Hurcs

8. Gold (exception)

9. CV (exception)

10. Hurcs or Brigs

then Music City, Sky, Sun, Cru, Kilties, etc. in an order.

We shouldn't need an exception because we will have a couple shows under our belt before we head out to DCA. This will help.

In other words, the most important show dates for DCA prior to the big show in Rochester are the 19th, 20th, and 26th (where the vast majority of the corps will settle themselves into place).

Those affected: Renegades and Dream make up the "no-show" club. I'm assuming that the Renegades will take up the rule where they're placed according to their spot in last year's final competition (the "MBI Rule"). I'm not sure which rule will apply to Dream, since their last DCA appearance was 2004.

CorpsVets, Carolina Gold, Alliance, Gulf Coast Sound, and Mon Valley Express seem to make up the "one-show" club for August. I'm not sure what rule applies to them, but CV, Gold, and Alliance could probably do themselves well if they can apply the "MBI Rule" to themselves.

Since all of these but Dream were in Scranton last year, if they all enact the "MBI Rule" then the prelims order would be as follows (just fill in the blanks after everyone else gets their scores):

Class A:

1- SoCal Dream*

2- Mon Valley Express

3- Gulf Coast Sound

4-

5-

6- Alliance

7-

8-

*I think that Dream may have to go on first, being as they have no August score and they weren't in Scranton last year... Again, somebody would have to clarify those head-spinning rules.

Open Class:

1-

2-

3-

4-

5-

6-

7-

8- CorpsVets

9- Carolina Gold

10-

11-

12- Renegades

13-

14-

15-

16-

:worthy:

It seems a little stacked against some of the Southern coprs. They have to travel (a long distance)to go to most of their shows. CorpsVets have one of the higher averages and have to go 8th? Doesn't seem quite right.

But their averages only count for August shows. And the scores are for the two highest scores at DCA-sanctioned shows in August. CV has only one August show before the championships, so...

1. If they're using the "MBI Rule", then that is where they would be placed. I think.

2. No knock on them, but maybe it could be a DCA South priority to create a weekend in August to make sure that their member corps can get in two shows, much like DCA Central will be doing on the 19th and 20th.

But their averages only count for August shows. And the scores are for the two highest scores at DCA-sanctioned shows in August. CV has only one August show before the championships, so...

1. If they're using the "MBI Rule", then that is where they would be placed. I think.

2. No knock on them, but maybe it could be a DCA South priority to create a weekend in August to make sure that their member corps can get in two shows, much like DCA Central will be doing on the 19th and 20th.

Right you are. I bet that Vic (DCA South head) will be looking into that. The biggest problem is how far apart the DCA South Corps are. (Remember we are talking Senior/All Age. Weekend shows only.)Two main areas. one being the Atlanta, Carolina, Tennessee, and one GROWING area in Texas. The Texas and Plains area may have 2,3 or more goups in 2008. The Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana and Florida area groups can go either way. Looks to me like THE best place for a "Big" August show would be Montgomery or Bermingham in Alabama. (For a TRUE Sowth/SouthWest Regional) Then split and have one in Atlanta and on in Huston/Dallas for the other shows in August.

But a lot of things would have to come together. Seems C. Gold prefers to not compete in DCA South. Maybe because there are so many A Class groups. That hurts all the other growing Corps. But with C. Gold, CorpsVets and Frontier are all Open Class, that problem should be fadeing. (Also look how well Music City is doing against Open Class Corps.

Just some thoughts on the subject.

We are back-to-school this week (And even a few last week!) in Texas. We have lots of teachers and a few students in GCS, so that makes it harder to travel any great distances in August. Also, band camps and football camps start up even sooner, so we cannot get fields or schools to host shows for us in August because they are being used. (Trust me---we tried just about everything last winter to get our show site lined up, and that was for July 29th.)

Next year the state law will be that school can start no earlier than the 4th week of August, so that will help the travel and shows for the first part of the month, but possibly be harder for the teachers to get out early over Labor Day Weekend for travel. We will just have to wait and see what next year brings!

ok here's the deal....

first corps on turns on the lights...last ones on turn em off.

Don't the seeding have something to do with the barometric pressure and the relative humidity as it relates to the position of the sun & the moon. After that you factor in the average rainfall in tibet for the past 16 years and multiply that by the number of degrees kelvin that water freezes at and the math is pretty darn simple if you ask me!

:laugh: