Order of Appearance DCA Prelims

Yea, they did "NO" DCA South shows this year. Yet, joined " DCI " as an associate. I contacted DCA about why C. Gold would do that. They were "Un aware of it". I told them to check the internet and see. They returned an e mail to me sayiing. "No big deal. Just wanted to compete in some shows closer to home."

Then look at their schedule. Competed in New Jersey (twice), Conn. Penn. and more up North. Yet, DID NOT go th DCA South Championships, on a weekend they were off, that was in the ATLANTA (a lot CLOSER than Dover,NJ, Reading,PA and New Haven,Conn.)! Sure looks like they have a funny sense of humor.

(It is understandable for DCA groups on the WEST coast to get DCI membership. They indeed NEED the contest time. Even ones in Texas would make more sense for that reason. BUT, North Carolina groups?)

sure...DCI runs shows there. looking at my DCI program, here are the corps listed as DCI All Age Members:

Carolina Gold

Royal Airs

Chops

Cincinnati Tradition

CV

Govies

Kilties

Minnesota

Music City

Renegades

RCR

Dream

except for the 3 Minnesota corps, how many can claim they are within an hour of each other?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live below the mason dixon line!

B)

and we're warned every time you cross the line....state line that is :P

That explains it then,,,I have never heard of a yank ordering it any other way than POP!

The cashiers up there even make me say POP when ordering a Coke.Seems its too much of a brain overload for them to add the word COKE to thier vocabulary. :P :P :P :P

i've never asked for pop and i've lived here my whole life

i've never asked for pop and i've lived here my whole life

Jeff,,,

You are ALWAYS the exception to the rule. :P

I don't know all the ins and outs of the seeding formula, but I'm guessing it's going to go like this:

First corps on... second corps on... third corps on.... and so forth. :)

Fran

who are you kidding Fran .... the order of appearance for you is whatever is written on the cards they give you

LOL

:huh:

:lol:

You will have to learn to pronounce your E's before you get down here in order to find your CAA(car) and the BAA (bar) :P

I am actually just trying to have a little fun in this thread.

Pop is a word we use here in the south when we put a fist up someone’s head.It is not a soft drink :P :P :P :P :P

You can order a POP here in the South but they are generally delivered by women dressed in leather with a whip or by mean rednecks that had too much beer to drink the night before. :P :P :P :P :P

We don't use generic colloquialisms when ordering drinks here in the south. We tend to call them by their formal names. As Jim said then we have to break it down to Coke or Pepsi. Most restaurants are force to serve one or the other. If you order a Coke in a Pepsi only resturant,, waitresses are instructed to ask you if Pepsi is ok.

Camel Lips:

As long as you remember that the South lost the Civil War and with it the Mason Dixon Line we are all good to go.

Would you like your "SODA" with a little "POP" ?????

Jeff,,,

You are ALWAYS the exception to the rule. :P

i AM the rule

:P

Yea, they did "NO" DCA South shows this year. Yet, joined " DCI " as an associate. I contacted DCA about why C. Gold would do that. They were "Un aware of it". I told them to check the internet and see. They returned an e mail to me sayiing. "No big deal. Just wanted to compete in some shows closer to home."

Then look at their schedule. Competed in New Jersey (twice), Conn. Penn. and more up North. Yet, DID NOT go th DCA South Championships, on a weekend they were off, that was in the ATLANTA (a lot CLOSER than Dover,NJ, Reading,PA and New Haven,Conn.)! Sure looks like they have a funny sense of humor.

Wasn't Dover 4th of July weekend? If so CG did a crapload of parades in Maryland that weekend to make real good $$$$. And Southern PA/NJ would be about the same drive time as Atlanta. Have a bro-in-law in Raleigh and have heard all the driving times ad nasium.....

Seems C. Gold prefers to not compete in DCA South.
Yea, they did "NO" DCA South shows this year. Yet, joined " DCI " as an associate.

It could be all about the green, and what's necessary for the financial stability of the corps. The one show that Chops runs is a DCI show, and last summer we went to the DCI-Central show in Kalamazoo while the other two MN corps went to the DCM Championships in DeKalb. And this year, with no DCM, we all went to Indy.

If what Carolina Gold is doing is best for Carolina Gold's survival at this time, I'm not going to argue their decision.