Order of Appearance DCA Prelims

Don't the seeding have something to do with the barometric pressure and the relative humidity as it relates to the position of the sun & the moon. After that you factor in the average rainfall in tibet for the past 16 years and multiply that by the number of degrees kelvin that water freezes at and the math is pretty darn simple if you ask me!

:laugh:

......I was just gunna' say that...... :laugh:

Just did some calculations on my Abicis (spl). That puts all corps' on in 7venth position) b**bs

Edited by melligene

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest problem is how far apart the DCA South Corps are.

Too true. I guess I take for granted how lucky I am that I could take off from my home now, set up a coffee break with Brent at the MBI office, pop in for lunch at Patrick's, and then buzz by the Chops storage facility on my way home and still make it back before sundown.

All it takes is 3 corps to make an officially sanctioned and scored DCA show.

......I was just gunna' say that...... :laugh:

Just did some calculations on my Abicis (spl). That puts all corps' on in 7venth position) b**bs

Now you see the madness behind my method MOUHAHAHA!

^0^

Edited by spcbrass

All it takes is 3 corps to make an officially sanctioned and scored DCA show.

Don't list where you live. Our show coordinators are going to hunt you down now. LoL!

Seems C. Gold prefers to not compete in DCA South.

hmmmmm

:sshh:

hmmmmm

:sshh:

Yea, they did "NO" DCA South shows this year. Yet, joined " DCI " as an associate. I contacted DCA about why C. Gold would do that. They were "Un aware of it". I told them to check the internet and see. They returned an e mail to me sayiing. "No big deal. Just wanted to compete in some shows closer to home."

Then look at their schedule. Competed in New Jersey (twice), Conn. Penn. and more up North. Yet, DID NOT go th DCA South Championships, on a weekend they were off, that was in the ATLANTA (a lot CLOSER than Dover,NJ, Reading,PA and New Haven,Conn.)! Sure looks like they have a funny sense of humor.

(It is understandable for DCA groups on the WEST coast to get DCI membership. They indeed NEED the contest time. Even ones in Texas would make more sense for that reason. BUT, North Carolina groups?)

Yea, they did "NO" DCA South shows this year. Yet, joined " DCI " as an associate. I contacted DCA about why C. Gold would do that. They were "Un aware of it". I told them to check the internet and see. They returned an e mail to me sayiing. "No big deal. Just wanted to compete in some shows closer to home."

Then look at their schedule. Competed in New Jersey (twice), Conn. Penn. and more up North. Yet, DID NOT go th DCA South Championships, on a weekend they were off, that was in the ATLANTA (a lot CLOSER than Dover,NJ, Reading,PA and New Haven,Conn.)! Sure looks like they have a funny sense of humor.

(It is understandable for DCA groups on the WEST coast to get DCI membership. They indeed NEED the contest time. Even ones in Texas would make more sense for that reason. BUT, North Carolina groups?)

There are a lot of people scratching thier heads about Why Gold did that.

Someone may want to take the time to find the Executive Directors responce on DCP as to why they were compeating in the NE this year and not the south and post a link to it.

Seem to me he stated that it was because of the LARGE performance fees his corps would be getting and the fact that DCAS did not pay performance fees of any kind.Then they turned around and cancelled one of those large paying performance fees.Kind of makes a guy wonder whats going on over there but its thier bussiness.

I just hope they do well this year and make finals and represent the south well.

It's not available to us in TX currently

Appearance fees have to be considered into the equation when choosing which shows any corps will attend, DCI, DCA, Regional, etc

God YES! PLEASE show up for the first guys!!!!

You know me,,I would love to come see you guys perform,,but alas I suspect we will be warming up about the time you go on.

There are benifits for going on early and seeing all the corps perform is one of them.