Order of Appearance DCA Prelims

Hey Fran, there's something I'll bet you've never done -- announce your own corps while on the competition field ready to perform (without the ugly shirt, though)! Rick Morey nearly had a cow. Talk about nerves...

Hey Steve.........Fran has created the fad of the Hawaiian shirt with poi and hookie lau......I'll most certainly sport my most obnoxious shirt in honor of Fran "The Man".........ahhhhhhhhh, won't be long now......8 days to ROAD TRIP!!!!

See ya there

Jim C

a/k/a Joe, Guido, Jimbalaya

and other unsavory monikers

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, we should have official word in two days, right?

Inquiring minds want to know!!!!! :P

Fran

Two of them, actually...

1$ to Jeff Ream, the corps with the highest average of their last 2 shows will go on last. Or something like that depending on the 87 or so exceptions to the rule.

Pop is a generic regional colloquialism for all soft drinks. Down here in the south, (mainly Tennessee and Georgia) we call everything Coke. (Of course, then we have to clarify whether that is really Coke, or diet, or Sprite, etc.) If you have NEVER heard that as you say, you must have never spent any time down here at all. We don't bite, and we have some cool stuff to see, too.

I agree with Reed.

Since ive lived down here(24 years) I hear "cokecola" (almost never cocAcola)used for every permutation the gasious sweet libation.;-)

1$ to Jeff Ream, the corps with the highest average of their last 2 shows will go on last. Or something like that depending on the 87 or so exceptions to the rule.

it's those ###### exceptions that get ya every time :P

seriously...no matter who goes on where, nothing is guaranteed next week.

it's those ###### exceptions that get ya every time :P

seriously...no matter who goes on where, nothing is guaranteed next week.

True, it will come down to the wire. Actually, my brother and I are sweating this year our. We have successfully predicted the DCA Champion since 1999, before a show even took place. That's a run of 7 years. This year was tough, didn't make the call until the morning of the Wildwood show. Without giving it away, it appears the corps we picked is in the hunt, but whether or not a champion will remain to be seen.

We await the prelims seedings.

After getting a night's sleep, of course. :P

Fran