Are you tired of threads about how much worse drum corps is today than

Are you tired of threads about how much worse drum corps is today than in the past?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Are you tired of threads about how much worse drum corps is today than in the past?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't really care either way

There sure do seem to be a lot of threads that are ripping on drum corps of today. It seems like every time I check DCP there is a new thread about how much better things were before: DCI, amps, Bb horns, the "build-up" judging system, "cookie cutter uniforms", esoteric shows, lack of tradition, etc...

Are you tired of all the whining about today's drum corps?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, because sometimes they do bring up some good points and convesation.

As long as people are complaining...at least that means they still care.

How about this question. If I made a thread that ripped on drum corps of decades past, do you think I would get taken seriously as one trying to bring up some good points, or would I get flamed for trolling?

What would the reation be to a "older drum corps shows are too simple and pedestrian" thread? What kind of responses would I get if I said "older uniforms look frumpy and amature"?

it's all in how you word your issues. i have lodged complaints about both new and old, and except for 2/3 troll like posters, no one complains because i use facts to bolster my arguments, as opposed to coming out and just saying "drum corps blah blah year sucks".

if you state your case with facts and examples, you'll get a receptive audience. if you post like a hater, regardless of your generation of preference, you'll be fine

There sure do seem to be a lot of threads that are ripping on drum corps of today. It seems like every time I check DCP there is a new thread about how much better things were before: DCI, amps, Bb horns, the "build-up" judging system, "cookie cutter uniforms", esoteric shows, lack of tradition, etc...

Are you tired of all the whining about today's drum corps?

No, because nine times out of ten, they're 100% true.