Tour schedules in 2007

I had not thought about this until yesterday. My wishful thinking involved SCV and BD getting on trains/planes and starting out in the east and working their way west with everyone else.

Naw, the Western corps will just have to travel twice as far as anybody else in 2007 - West to East to West again. But at least their trip from Finals to home will be short for a change! :beer:

Wow. Drum Corps. Phoenix. Desert Heat. That's going to be interesting.

They have a competition in Pheonix every year, and barring any thunderstorms it's just fine. :) Velvet Knights and Vanguard almost always competed in Pheonix...ever since you were a little kid :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naw, the Western corps will just have to travel twice as far as anybody else in 2007 - West to East to West again. But at least their trip from Finals to home will be short for a change! :beer:

When the Blue Devils were at my college last week we asked about the trip home. And Pete the tour director said that pretty much all of the kids fly home now adays.

I'd rather be in 100° heat in Phoenix than 85-90° heat anywhere in the Midwest, South, or East Coast.

You can't say enough about the dry heat in the four corner states. Much more tolerable than humidity.

I'd rather be in 100° heat in Phoenix than 85-90° heat anywhere in the Midwest, South, or East Coast.

You can't say enough about the dry heat in the four corner states. Much more tolerable than humidity.

At the Atlanta Show this year it was announced that next year the show would be July 14th, 2007...and would be the last major show before the corps head west.

At the Atlanta Show this year it was announced that next year the show would be July 14th, 2007...and would be the last major show before the corps head west.

West of what? Most shows ARE west of Atlanta.

When the Blue Devils were at my college last week we asked about the trip home. And Pete the tour director said that pretty much all of the kids fly home now adays.

True. I flew home in 1989, but all the way from Kansas City to San Diego. Imagine how cheap the tickets will be from Burbank, Ontario, or LAX to Oakland, San Francisco, or San Jose?! b**bs

(btw - these are all local L.A. area airports -> Bay Area airports. L.A. also has Long Beach and Orange County airports, but they're further from Pasadena)

I wonder if the Phoenix regional will be in Glendale at the Cardinals new retractable roof stadium, or (and I hope not...too hot) Sun Devil Stadium. Its too bad Las Vegas doesnt have the facilities for a Regional

You don't like the "Sam Boyd Silver Bowl" :) ? What kind of facilities does UNR have? :beer:

Maybe when LV finally gets the Marlins (MLB) and buy our NFL expansion (due any any day now), Vegas will have world-class fields suitable for a DCI show.

That reminds me...

During the DCI/Indy press conference, I heard that in 2014, DCI needs to find an alternate location for finals week. Vegas will have pro teams by then - hopefully football (Maybe we'll even get the Raiders, since half of California has already moved here anyways...) So... maybe... JUST maybe... DCI VEGAS 2014! b**bs

... or better yet, :sshh: for those who would be old enough to actually enjoy it... DCA VEGAS!!!

-TGB

Yeah, and a Saturday and SUNDAY according to what they were saying...how wierd is that?

yah, it'll be different, a lot of things will seem odd next year :P

and btw, sweet avatar B)