Chicago Royal Aires

:beer:

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything on the Chicago Royal Airs Alumni Corps.

They are not on the line up for the Alumni Classic in Rochester. I show them last year and it was like a dream come true to see them.

Jimpic75

:beer:

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything on the Chicago Royal Airs Alumni Corps.

They are not on the line up for the Alumni Classic in Rochester. I show them last year and it was like a dream come true to see them.

Jimpic75

They are no longer in existence. July 4th was their last show as the Royal Airs. And I'm glad that you spelled their name correctly in the body of your message. It was spelled wrong in subject heading.

They are no longer in existence. July 4th was their last show as the Royal Airs. And I'm glad that you spelled their name correctly in the body of your message. It was spelled wrong in subject heading.

Actually, according to one of our Mello players who belongs to the Royal Airs(and comutes between Chicago and Erie for rehearsals) and a gentleman who showed up at our sunday rehearsal is also a Sop with the Royal Airs both say that the Corps' still exists (although fractionalized) but will not perform the rest of this year. The name, as I understand it, as well as all equipment and rights are still under that name. There seems to be some internal strife, that at present is taking it's toll. My understanding is that should these issues be resolved they may indeed be back at a future date.

For Drum Corps' sake.....Let us hope this is true.

They may indeed be back at a future date. For Drum Corps' sake.....Let us hope this is true.
Exactly. The Royal-Airs epitomize the great Golden Age of D&BC and the Midwest cannot afford to lose them. They are all we have in this area to disprove the ongoing myths spread by the New Age revisionists that life before DCI wasn't worth living.

Actually, according to one of our Mello players who belongs to the Royal Airs(and comutes between Chicago and Erie for rehearsals) and a gentleman who showed up at our sunday rehearsal is also a Sop with the Royal Airs both say that the Corps' still exists (although fractionalized) but will not perform the rest of this year. The name, as I understand it, as well as all equipment and rights are still under that name. There seems to be some internal strife, that at present is taking it's toll. My understanding is that should these issues be resolved they may indeed be back at a future date.

Agreed. Let's have cooler, adult minds come together and put an end to whatever that strife may be. Drum Corps, as a whole, needs more dedicated people like those in the Royal Airs.

...they may indeed be back at a future date.

Amen to that. I was quite sad to be typing

Done for good.

...And I hope I was wrong in that statement.

:worthy:

Jimpic75

Ok, here is the scoop folks from a 2006 marching member of the Royal Airs. Internal strife was an issue but not the overwhelming issue. The Royal Airs were founded in 2002 to be a one year gig. Ever since, we have come back year after year basically doing it as a one year at a time thing. This is, of course a recipe for disaster when you don't make your corps develop into an ongoing organization with fund raising, recruitment yada yada. We are having an election for our new board in the next week and the next few months we will see what happends. I am pretty pumped from some of the ideas I have heard and I hope that the 2007 Royal Airs, if and when it happends, will be something that can continue from year to year with an organization that can support this. Stay tuned and I will try and give you what I can.

Ok, here is the scoop folks from a 2006 marching member of the Royal Airs. Internal strife was an issue but not the overwhelming issue. The Royal Airs were founded in 2002 to be a one year gig. Ever since, we have come back year after year basically doing it as a one year at a time thing. This is, of course a recipe for disaster when you don't make your corps develop into an ongoing organization with fund raising, recruitment yada yada. We are having an election for our new board in the next week and the next few months we will see what happends. I am pretty pumped from some of the ideas I have heard and I hope that the 2007 Royal Airs, if and when it happends, will be something that can continue from year to year with an organization that can support this. Stay tuned and I will try and give you what I can.

Rich,

Check your pm.