DCI Commentators

Last point:

I looooooooved Rondo's totally unscripted and honest "Wow!" after The Academy clip. That is what I thought the first time I saw it.

Also, I think everyone in the Div. II/III ranks should thank whoever chose to show the closer during the cinecast. It was great publicity for the "little guys" and ilicited one of the loudest cheers from my theater. People were completely taken aback. Go Academy!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i like that they pointed out flaws. ever listen to #### Button call figure skating? Dennis and Steve were tame

the comment that made be do a double take was about the appearance of the Colts guard girls... two old guys going gah gah

it was a little on the gross side

Then you have to wonder why the corps decided to dress them up like that, don't you?

I have been to many live champiohships and bought many of the videos. I so so glad when they got rid of the amateurs like Gene Rayburn, etc. However I found it refreshing to hear some of the other pros like Rita Moreno, Maynard Fergeson, etc. and their remarks about the corps.

The one stabilizing factor always seemed to be Steve Rondinaro. He was always so professional and prepared. This was his worst I felt!!!!! I did't feel that he or Dennis were as prepared as in the past. Way too off the cuff!!!! They used to come in and tell you about the trends and how this corps has been doing in the past few shows and their strong and weak points....not enough of that.

Really amateurish. <**>

I thought Steve and Dennis did a nice job. I actually appreciated them pointing out what they thought might have been the flaws of the corps. Overall, there was a good balance of criticism and praise.

As for Jessica's questions, I really think (and this applies for past years as much as this year) that she needs to think out her questions a little more. For example, she asked the girl from PR if her character helped her to become a better performer. Does she really expect her to say "No" ? Of course she is going to say yes, and then have to come up with some sort of on-the-spot reason that makes no sense. In the Regal Warrington, PA theatre, people were laughing most during her interviews.

I thought Steve and Dennis did a nice job. I actually appreciated them pointing out what they thought might have been the flaws of the corps. Overall, there was a good balance of criticism and praise.

As for Jessica's questions, I really think (and this applies for past years as much as this year) that she needs to think out her questions a little more. For example, she asked the girl from PR if her character helped her to become a better performer. Does she really expect her to say "No" ? Of course she is going to say yes, and then have to come up with some sort of on-the-spot reason that makes no sense. In the Regal Warrington, PA theatre, people were laughing most during her interviews.

I'm fairly sure Jessica Allen does not write out her own questions. She's marched before and nothing she says on TV would make you believe that. So I assume someone is feeding her question that the general public might also have themselves.

I'm fairly sure Jessica Allen does not write out her own questions. She's marched before and nothing she says on TV would make you believe that. So I assume someone is feeding her question that the general public might also have themselves.

Except of the 22,000 people who paid $18 to watch DCI Quarterfinals there was a grand total of 7 that

qualify as "the general public". Only SEVEN! I counted them.