OK, I've finally seen Cadets

also, it is pretty immature to wish a failure for a corps...seriously we aren't in middle school anymore to wish something goes wrong...these kids are performing their butts off...why would you want a technical flaw to destroy a year's work...that is pretty low...and please do not criticize the corps and members like that...and that is FOR ALL THE CORPS show some respect...

Gee, what do you do during football season?

The kids who play for FSU (for example) work their butts off too. Given the choice between their worthy opponents scoring a touchdown or throwing an interception which do you think "mature" supporters want. I'd assume that the age range for both garnet and gold teams is about the same.

Your logic fits the middle school model better. At that stage, you want the young kids/players to achieve their goals regardless of competitive considerations. At that level, you cheer on the accomplishments. I don't have the same standards for highly competitive, polished 20 year-olds, nor do they hold those standards themselves.

And a couple of "wide rights" ruined a couple of years' work. And there was a lot of criticism.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then don't post anything, George. You know better than I what your options are when you don't agree with a thread. Posts like yours won't help move anything along. They'll just prompt posts like mine in return.

Edited by skajerk

Then don't post anything, George. You know better than I what your options are when you don't agree with a thread. Posts like yours won't help move anything along. They'll just prompt posts like mine in return.

we don't need 20,000 criticize Cadet threads

If you think she was out of tune or you just don't like amplified vocals in the first place, that's one thing ... but I think it's absolutely bizarre that some people seem to be upset by the fact that she's singing nonsense syllables instead of words.

I don't think it's odd to be upset by nonsense syllables if the syllables are terribly written. I sing a cappella, and each and every syllable in a doo-wop scat solo makes sense. The syllables as a whole are nonsensical, but each one is chosen for a reason. Her syllables are just god awful for singing on in general, not just for doo-wop or Enya vocals, but for everything. The sounds she's trying top make to go along with the pitch cover up the brass more than anything, I think.

And I also agree, last night she WAS out of tune. But louder than at Giants Stadium.

*dons flame-retardant tiger skin*

Edited by faramirtook

This coming from a man who helped create some Cadet threads? Again, why post something if you're just going to complain about the thread instead of contributing to it? Like you've got me doing now. Edited by skajerk

I dont think this is a bashing thread. The OP just stated his opinions, good and bad, just as I also tried to do. I won't ever deny that there was some stuff I really enjoyed. But this thread gives those of us who just saw the entire thing a chance to discuss our impressions (albiet as it relates to the criticism on DCP.)

I don't blame you for reading things into it that may or may not be there...if there was this much controversy surrounding Regiment, I'd probably have 3116 posts myself! I don't blame you for being a little offended, but this isn't just another bashing thread...

...mainly because Hrothgar hasn't shown up yet

b**bs b**bs *runs and hides*-------------> :drool:

:P (means I'm kidding)

I think the ballad would be better if you couldn't see hear the girl.

Fixed :P