OK, I've finally seen Cadets

As for being "Out of Tune", I read that same comment in so many peoples posts and reviews. Why would the Cadets continue to feature a ballad that was out of tune??

They wouldn't, because it wasn't. Plain and simple.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with Garry's assesments. This was my first viewing of them this year as well. What stunned me was that as the show ended, NO ONE clapped in the theatre. It was dead silence. As they started to troop a few people clapped, I would guess in admiration of the kids' hard work. It seemed that even Rondinaro and Dennis had trouble finding good things to say. I think the nicest thing they said was to the effect that there was a lot of talent out there but a lot to "distract" from it. For me personally, I think the characters were just too much. Seemed silly, cheesy, and ended up being pointless by adding nothing to the show.

Actually, I clapped. Of course it was after Rondo made the comments he made. B)

Well then, it had to be the cine-cast then beause I know I wasn't the only one in the theater cringing. Is that a possibilty, just like SCV's pit was over-powering in the theater but not live?

As for being "Out of Tune", I read that same comment in so many peoples posts and reviews. Why would the Cadets continue to feature a ballad that was out of tune??

They wouldn't, because it wasn't. Plain and simple.

Because she has been in tune before? I've heard her in tune before, but just like a hornline on any given night, the chance of bad intonation is possible. ESPECIALLY when you have brass section playing outdoors that naturally will play sharp going against a vocalist comfortably singing into a mic who will be singing in a more natural, indoor style fashion. It's difficult to mix. So why would they do it? Because it's "pushing the limit" so to speak, or as George put it in his interview, something close to:

"It's the responsibility of the champion to push the limit the following year in every possible way."

just grow up...and stop belittling this girl's work...i'm sure it is a lot harder then you give her credit for...i just don't know why everyone is so critical...

The first ammendment guarantees my right of free speech.

The "grow up" phrase is overused. 2 point penalty. You'll have to do better.

Garry

Just in case anyone missed the gist of the original post, I liked the Cadets' performance.

Garry

Because she has been in tune before? I've heard her in tune before, but just like a hornline on any given night, the chance of bad intonation is possible. ESPECIALLY when you have brass section playing outdoors that naturally will play sharp going against a vocalist comfortably singing into a mic who will be singing in a more natural, indoor style fashion. It's difficult to mix. So why would they do it? Because it's "pushing the limit" so to speak, or as George put it in his interview, something close to:

"It's the responsibility of the champion to push the limit the following year in every possible way."

If that's the case, then a singer (in general) better be able to match their surroundings. It's much easier for the vocalist to match up to an instrument rather than the instrument to the singer.

Edited by skajerk

I thought she sounded fantastic. I also think a lot of people are looking for any reason to knock The Cadets (great use of energy), so they focus on the most "controversial" part of their show.

w/Stp:

Edited by arno0940

I thought she sounded fantastic. I also think a lot of people are looking for any reason to knock The Cadets (great use of energy), so they focus on the most "controversial" part of their show.

Acually, I liked the show. Loved the brass. Just wish I could've heard more of them during that beautiful ballad.

Edited by skajerk