Hop wants to eliminate score recaps and other rule changes.

You unlock this thread with the key of ignorance. Beyond, another drum corps discussion. A discussion not of intelligence and reason, but of trolling, flaming, and jumping to conclusions. Next stop... RAMD!

Edited by dbc03

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you won't waste your time reading it but you will waste your time #####ing about it. Congratulations, you make no sense.

I wish I could make your computer help you read better. I said that I am very passionate about the activity and I don't want it to be destroyed. I happen to think that Hopkins is the type of person looking to do just that whether he knows it or not. I am so glad you chose to respond to me in an adult manner. Congrats on wasting your time to post a ridiculous reply!!! <**>

Wes P.

I wish I could make your computer help you read better. I said that I am very passionate about the activity and I don't want it to be destroyed. I happen to think that Hopkins is the type of person looking to do just that whether he knows it or not. I am so glad you chose to respond to me in an adult manner. Congrats on wasting your time to post a ridiculous reply!!! <**>

Wes P.

My reading comprehension is quite alright, no worries. I don't think that your response has much to do with my post, but I'll respond to it anyway.

Why would George want to destroy drum corps? That would just about put him out of a job. He wants nothing more than to secure the future of drum corps, and he is just proposing things that he believes will help DCI's longevity.

As for my previous post that you were replying to, you said that you wouldn't waste your time reading Hop's Blog, but then you waste your time complaining about what Hop wants on here, without even educating yourself on the other things he has said that are selectively not present in what is posted here. You are essentially taking things out of context and complaining about them to nobody inparticular, which I find to be a waste of time. Complaining for complainings sake, nothing else.

Why can't people read the thread? I have addressed the issue about George having issues with the way things are judged TWICE in the thread already. YES GEORGE STILL HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE WAY THINGS ARE JUDGED IN DCI AFTER THEY WON LAST YEAR. HE EVEN MADE A PROPOSAL TO CHANGE THE WAY COLOR GUARD IS JUDGED AFTER HIS GUARD WON HIGH GUARD LAST YEAR.

Have you considered using ALL CAPS more often? Helps make your posts stand out... B)

Just out of curiosity, did he criticize the judging throughout the entire summer, up to and immediately after Finals? Or...was he more insistent about it during the "lean" weeks early on, before the judges started to reward them? (Again, I don't really know if they did or didn't--it's why I'm asking. I'll take your word for it....) I should have made this more clear in my original post. (And, yes, had I read your post first, I would have worded it this way-- much as I would like, it's sometimes difficult to catch every post on long threads like this, when you're also trying to watch two little "rugrats" as well...)

By no means am I saying he's a bad guy, or should never feel frustrated because the corps isn't scoring where he'd like. But, he does post his thoughts on a public blog and, as such, I don't think that I'm wrong in giving my impressions of what he says. (Remember-- I wasn't just responding to his post on Saturday, but more the culmination of my impression of his posts throughout the summer)

Agreed. If he would rather alienate drum corps fans, I'd say he should just leave. DCI is bigger than The Cadets anyway.

This assumes that your particular opinion is the same as every one else's. It's not. It may be in the majority of those who bother to write on this forum. It may not be in the majority of all who like to watch drum corps.

Nevertheless, I remember so many people saying the same about Star of Indiana. My impression is that most folks would really like to have them back Medea and all. Of course, when you're criticized just because of who you are rather than what you do, it's hard to not decide to just do what you want. Disney, John Williams, Cirucs music, Porgy and Bess, British Band music, Respighi, and PATRIOTIC MUSIC!!!! If you still get booed, just play Medea.

Moondance, Maleguena, Rocky Point Holiday, Jethro Tull. If you get criticized for trying to be nothing but entertainig (and btw, I love Madison, but they did NOT invent the rotating company front), then you might as well try something new. And you know....I totally loved both years. And Medea. And BD last year too!!!

Do I detect some whining that the a certain Blue corps that I know made you mad because they beat another certain corps tonight? Sarcasm on: Let's change the system it doesn't work all of the past champions are tainted and the system is crap!!! Sarcasm off . B)

Wesley Perkins

BK '97 '98

noyt at all. not a YEA fan in general these last few years. in fact i enjoyed that Blue corps much more than the maroon one.

i'm the last person anyone on DCP would call a cadets lover :P