Regiment is a Class Act

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet- wish ALL corps still did that at finals! :)

at Finals? LOL

I feel lucky to have marched in the 80s when there was a full retreat EVERY night of the season and corps played themselves off. No matter how dinky the show, the crowd got a full retreat and an encore every night.

Those really were the days

Wanted to mention was a nice gesture it was for Phantom Regiment to serenade the Cavaliers tonight with Elsa...what a classy organization. :worthy:

(Particularly when other corps basically got out of Dodge as soon as they could after the retreat!)

wish I had heard that. Very classy.

After Phantom played to the Cavaliers, they lined up and filed out of the stadium. Their champion drumline was last and were stuck in the stadium because of a bottleneck under the stands. The Cavalier drumline got on their drums and turned toward Phantom Regiment and played their "Latin Lover" drum cadance in tribute to Phantom's drumline victory. With Cavalier's encouragement, the Phantom Regiment drumline put down their drums and got in real close to enjoy the tribute. After the Cavaliers finished they applauded the Phantom Regiment and hurried to set up for their encore performance. :worthy:

After Phantom played to the Cavaliers, they lined up and filed out of the stadium. Their champion drumline was last and were stuck in the stadium because of a bottleneck under the stands. The Cavalier drumline got on their drums and turned toward Phantom Regiment and played their "Latin Lover" drum cadance in tribute to Phantom's drumline victory. With Cavalier's encouragement, the Phantom Regiment drumline put down their drums and got in real close to enjoy the tribute. After the Cavaliers finished they applauded the Phantom Regiment and hurried to set up for their encore performance. :worthy:

Wow...I missed that as I was lower in the stands closer to the field, I thought the Cavaliers were just warming up...that is cool! B)

aww! :) ^

I still remember standing five feet away from the Cavaliers hornline after Finals in '96 while they played "Over the Rainbow" for us and the Blue Devils. I took a picture of a member of their hornline for him while he was playing. I don't understand how anybody can think that the way they do finale now is ANY better than the way it used to be done. Who cares if it takes longer. People are free to leave if they don't want to stay.