Regiment is a Class Act

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Phantom Regiment for your classy exit from the field.

I know I sound like a broken record (grandma, what's a record??) ... but PLEASE bring back retreats at every show.

Tradition ... respect ... camaraderie ...

Ma

:wacko:

chills...even though the playback isn't that good...goosebumps...

I can maybe understand why at local shows they don't allow corps to play off the field, because maybe it's a school night, and the kids got to get to bed, but at any regional or at finals, it should be required!!!

Who in their right mind doesn't want to hear Boston's "Conquest"?

Spirits "Georgia"....

etc...

The corps should play their signature piece, and then the drum line should cadence off the field...that's the way it used to be...that's the way it SHOULD be...

And ... I've said it before and I'll say it again ....

There is NO WAY, that the corps' playing themselves off would take any longer than the milling around nonsense with Crocker repeatedly pleading the corps to leave. Kudos to the Cadets and BD (and maybe some others) for marching off asap to leave the field for the champions.

DCI --- PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE bring this back .....!!!!!

Just one little item suffices here. . .

:lol:

And ... I've said it before and I'll say it again ....

There is NO WAY, that the corps' playing themselves off would take any longer than the milling around nonsense with Crocker repeatedly pleading the corps to leave. Kudos to the Cadets and BD (and maybe some others) for marching off asap to leave the field for the champions.

DCI --- PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE bring this back .....!!!!!

Old-style retreat would very likely take just as long as all the seemingly endless milling around that went on on Saturday. I was going to stick around to watch Cavaliers' encore, but it didn't look like they'd ever get everyone off for them to do it!

Old-style retreat would at least get everyone off in an ORDERLY FASHION, and everyone would know exactly when it's their turn to leave.

I know DCI doesn't want to be in the stadium past midnight, for contractual reasons, I get that. But if every corps plays a 3-minute musical selection or "corps song" and then marches out, and then Brandt Crocker immediately asks for the next corps to leave, it couldn't possibly take that much time. Then once corps get out of the stadium, they can finish up their hugging and crying if they didn't get all of it in. But at least they got to play one more song for the crowd!

this one shows the hornline better and has a little more clarity. regardless... amazing.

awesome video...especially the last 3-4 seconds B) :)

Theres one too.....it was a great moment. After we played, our drumline watched and cheered on Cavies. It was jammin'!!! (nice cowbell)....i'll post the video of that soon