Why aren't The Cavaliers hated?

THIS YEAR it was at the Atlanta Regional. Other years its been at different places.

Do the folks in Rosemont know that hazing is actually illegal?

Jealousy is ugly

You're jealous

Look at you lol

And while we're on the subject legal issues, Libel is illegal, too. It's more expensive than indecent exposure as far a court settlements go.

I'd be very careful before you ask the folks at Rosemont your hypotheticals.

Edited by siuehist

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jealousy is ugly

You're jealous

Look at you lol

And while we're on the subject legal issues, Libel is illegal, too. It's more expensive than indecent exposure as far a court settlements go.

It isn't libel if it's true.

For those of you name callers (mods?) flying off the deep end, I wasn't bashing the Blue Devils. After all, they are the 11-time DCI World Champions and I respect that.

But their elitist attitude, and their 'winning is everything' mentality which I have previously touched upon is an ugly trait they carry, moreso than any other corps' attitudes, or chance encounters you may wish to express.

Jealousy is ugly

You're jealous

Look at you lol

There's that BD spirit we all love!

Look at those two posts. You talk about an "elitist attitude" and then in your very next post you AGAIN, as you friggin always do, imply that everyone else is jealous because the Cavaliers have won a lot lately.

You have won a lot. Great! That doesn't make everyone who says something against the Cavaliers "jealous." Heck, last I checked, BD still has a lot more rings.

Jealousy is ugly

You're jealous

Look at you lol

why are you still here.. i thought LIFE was beckoning you....

oh and i remember two guys holding hands running around corps busses butt naked in 2002 in jacksonville i believe... thought they were cadets but i guess they were cavaliers...

Forgot your Xanax this morning?

Again, this topic went to crud because BD members are being hypocritical.

I acted accordingly.

If one rereads the first few responses to this thread it becomes apparent that the initial attack came from a parent of a Cavaliers who brought up the Blue Devils manner in which the kids display their Rings. Rather than just speak about how wonderful the Cavaliers, their kids, their organization is, he initiated a derogatory crack against some kids in a rival Corps. The guy's an adult. He verbally assailed some kids from a rival Corps. It was cheap shot, no doubt about it. He could have said how proud he was of his kid and the Cavaliers and left it at that. But he didn't. That naturally brought out people like me unafiliated with either the BD or the Cavaliers to chime in. It was then that this thread continued to go downhill fast when a Cavaliers fan brought out the O.J. Simpson analogy to the Blue Devils, and now you telling me to take a Xanax. The Cavaliers fans have not served themselves well on this thread at all. They initially took the low road above, and the thread went quickly into the gutter. The Blue Devils and their fans did not initiate this hostility on this thread. Any fair reading of the sequential comments from above will bear this out.

Edited by X DM

If one rereads the first few responses to this thread it becomes apparent that the initial attack came from a parent of a Cavaliers who brought up the Blue Devils manner in which the kids display their Rings. Rather than just speak about how wonderful the Cavaliers, their kids, their organization is, he initiated a derogatory crack against some kids in a rival Corps. The guy's an adult. He verbally assailed some kids from a rival Corps. It was cheap shot, no doubt about it. He could have said how proud he was of his kid and the Cavaliers and left it at that. But he didn't. That naturally brought out people like me unafiliated with either the BD or the Cavaliers to chime in. It was then that this thread continued to go downhill fast when a Cavaliers fan brought out the O.J. Simpson analogy to the Blue Devils, and now you telling me to take a Xanax. The Cavaliers fans have not served themselves well on this thread at all. They initially ttok the low road above, and the thread went quickly into the gutter. The Blue Devils and their fans did not initiate this hostility on this thread.

I'm not even a big BD fan. I just think that guy is a hypocritical jackass.

My other example of classless behavior comes from an actual marching member of the Cavies. In 2002, immediately after the awards ceremony, a friend of mine and I went over to congratulate a Cavie standing nearby. His response was "Thanks. You know we only have a few age-outs so we're going to be even better next year!"

This does not strike me as a blatently "classless". He's not bragging about kicking every other corps' @##

and saying that next year nobody has a shot. He's just saying that they will probably be better (and has

a reasonable argument to support his opinion).

Hate is a very strong word. Not surprising that this thread became heated since the topic itself is inflammatory.

I don't think most people actually HATE a cops. I'm not a big Cavaliers fan because I think their shows are musically flat and most look the same as the one the year before. This is MY opinion and I'm not contradicting anything anyone has stated.

However, I cheer and give enthusiastic standing ovations every year because they are good.

I think most people eventually root hard for an underdog. I think that's why Bloo got so much response this year. It looked like they would beat out some of the top corps they never had so people immediately begin rooting for them. What in this year's show for them was better than last years? I didn't see anything that made me think they were much improved over previous years. And eventually the scores and placement bore that out.

Most people around me did not like the Cadets show (and please don't start in on them again). I am a big Cadets fan but the show didn't do anything for me. I still love and admire them. All the comments were limited to the show, but people were quick to come back with "They are a great corps in there, that show is just limiting them", or "They could have played so much more". It wasn't belligerant at all.

And so the average DCI fan is not as extremist as some of the folks on here. I would love to see Phantom or Bloo or Carolina Crown (liked their show the best this year) win a championship, but I'm not going to point and laugh at Cavies or BD or Cadets if that happens.

oh and i remember two guys holding hands running around corps busses butt naked in 2002 in jacksonville i believe... thought they were cadets but i guess they were cavaliers...

Yeah, it usually happens in the Southeast for some reason.