Why aren't The Cavaliers hated?

Why is that? How can the Cavaliers be so utterly dominant, and still be the fan favorite?

big disagreement...

i also think a lot of people started to hop on the Cavaliers banwagon when they started winning all of their titles... not so much old folks but newbies.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they are hated so much because of the wonderful shows they put on. When they marched off the field the last 3 nights, the majority of the crowd were clapping along with the drums as they left the field. It was clear that people thought that show should have won. Maybe there were a few people who didn't, but a majority of the people did.

I have been at their souvie booth many many times over the years. And as much success as they have had, they are not conceited about it, and they are always extremely complimentary to all the other corps in the shows.

ehh - Cavaliers are typically not my "favorite" corps (although this year I loved the program the music itself tends to bore me) but they are also never the crowd's "least favorite" corps

They are very good programmers - giving the audience a new visual idea every ten seconds or so without a lot of transition time (sometimes NO transition). This is perfect for our ADD society

Plus they are from the midwest - so geography benefits. Midwest love THEIR corps and few others. Star was never embraced as one of their own once they started kicking butt

I don't think they are hated so much because of the wonderful shows they put on. When they marched off the field the last 3 nights, the majority of the crowd were clapping along with the drums as they left the field. It was clear that people thought that show should have won. Maybe there were a few people who didn't, but a majority of the people did.

I have been at their souvie booth many many times over the years. And as much success as they have had, they are not conceited about it, and they are always extremely complimentary to all the other corps in the shows.

For the record, I:

1) am the proud owner of a Cavaliers Brass t-shirt

2) think the show should have won ( :( :) mixed emotions though)

Midwest love THEIR corps and few others. Star was never embraced as one of their own once they started kicking butt

George, that's an awfully big blanket you're spreading there.

Plus they are from the midwest - so geography benefits. Midwest love THEIR corps and few others. Star was never embraced as one of their own once they started kicking butt

:feednotroll:

you musnt have been at indy last year when Cavies lost.

Fine. Now were you there in 2003, when the Cavaliers lost for the first time since midseason 2001? Thunderous applause for the Blue Devils.

I think a lot of it is because Cavies are constantly reinventing themselves.

I really didn't care for them much before 2004. There brass sound prior to about 2002 just did nothing for me, and despite the amazing visual program, musically it was just a dud. I think they realized it to, at least to a certain extent because they changed everything in 2004 with Bond.

Now, they are doing thier incredible visual thing, but with entertainment in mind. Sure, "Machine" really doesn't stand on it's own musically, and it wasn't that "hard" musically...but it was an amazingly well designed, totally integrated PROGRAM.

The subject matter the last three years has more mass appeal as well, and that's essential in getting new fans to do more than simply appreciate what they are doing.