DCI 10 years straight in INDY?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how people from the east and midwest seem to love the idea and people from the west don't. I guess all of those rich people from the west coast can cough up a little more for the travel costs. Or maybe just stay home. Or maybe just watch all but the biggest corps not attend finals, or fold when the costs and tuitions gets too high.

Just a thought. :lol:

Funny how people from the east and midwest seem to love the idea and people from the west don't. I guess all of those rich people from the west coast can cough up a little more for the travel costs. Or maybe just stay home. Or maybe just watch all but the biggest corps not attend finals, or fold when the costs and tuitions gets too high.

Just a thought. :lol:

Not so fast there. I'm on the east coast, and I am not in favor of it either.

I'm very happy with it, but that's only because I'm a 90-minute drive from Indy.

As am I :)

Somehow, I don't think you have to worry about that...

.... though my vote is that the regional gets moved to Bloomington. ^0^

If I were still in my teaching days, I'd give that idea a star! :P

So this is a done deal?? I'm about 2 1/2 hours from there,so from that vantage point,it's great! But I discussed this with some at Finals and we all pretty much agreed that we go to Finals not only to watch the shows but also as a mini vacation,to see the things in the area. And with this being in the same place continually,that will ruin the opportunity to explore new or different venues. On one hand,I love it...in the other,I don't. I can see the benefit,especially gas wise,of a centrally located venue,though. As insane as the prices are now,if they go up much from where they're at now,it could mean the end of a few corps!

How about OD'ing on corps and going to the 2/3 shows? Oh, that's right... 2/3 support is DCP lip service.

I did it all the time. D2/3 finals in 2002 was more entertaining than D1 finals

I agree with the comment on the possibility of lowered attendance after a couple of years. Didn’t the 3 year block of having Championships in Orlando have the lowest attendance in recent memory???

Also I'm not complaining about having to make the trek east, west coast folks have been dealing with this for years, but a little variety is great. I love to experience the different cities of drum corps. What other reason would I have to visit Buffalo?!?

A lot of you have valid points concerning the BOA competition, I don't follow BOA much…But aren’t a lot of the people at these kinds of shows family/fans the bands themselves, and not of the activity? If this is true, the audience composition would be drastically different of the makeup of DCI fans and could not be compared.

the number of fans attending BOA vs parents and family is huge. another thing to consider besides orlando is this...Buffalo had finals in 90, 95 and 2001. numbers went down each time. some cities just arent that great for repeat performances.

i've debated going to DCi again, but this decision isn't swaying me any. it screws the East, and it screws the west even more.

(3) Indianapolis is not exactly a "discount" airport, and you are not going to get "deals" that others give......

Not true. Most of the nations LCC's (low cost carriers) fly here, such as AirTran, Southwest, Frontier, and JetBlue (probably soon). You will find far lower airfares into Indy than you will at most airports in this part of the country. It will be much cheaper than flying into Madison, Buffalo, Atlanta, Boston, and other places that have held dCI championship finals.

I believe they were more concerned with their finances rather than ours. I guess they figured we'd make the trip regardless of where it is, which is WRONG!

exactly. and this will hurt the western corps more than the East.