Is this for real?!?!?!

Ok..... at the risk of getting fire-bombed, I will go out on another preverbial limb here....

The following ad is straight from the YEA! web site (Cadets link):

Assistant To The CEO - We Are Still Looking

Friday, August 11, 2006

By: Charity Musielak

Hopkins Sheds Light On Daily tasks

The position as an assistant to the CEO of Youth Education in the Arts is still open as of this time.

Here is a bit of an informal view of what one in this position might look forward to.

George Hopkins is a bit of a workaholic. As is sometimes the case with such people, he is also not great at organizing his calls, his projects, his meetings, and even his personal life.

He also is in many different activities, many that do not need his personal involvement. Thus, a great assistant could ease the load a great deal.

What can a day look like?

- Return Phone messages for Hopkins

- Return Phone calls

- Answer e-mails

- Write response letters to individuals, etc

- Book his week

- Book lunches, meetings and plans

- Register him to a seminar

- Make travel arrangements

- Secure all information for a band clinic Hopkins is presenting

- Call to get all information for a DCI budget meeting coming up

- Return a computer on the "blink"

- Order two books Hopkins is searching for

- Come with him to a meeting of the Allentown School Committee; follow up as needed

- Attend a Community Board meeting for Hopkins

- Call to get a meeting at the Community Music Board

- Set up a conference call for the Cadets creative staff

This is an idea, a sample of the activities in a day. You do need to be s self starter as Hopkins is out of the office on average two days a week and at times for days and even weeks at a time. During the summer, he is on the road for 8 weeks, So organizational skills are key, Microsoft comfort, a great phone manner, patience (with Hopkins) and the ability to begin and manage projects.

Hopkins can also be a recluse so it is important to have the courage to attack, demand, cajole, and support him in getting to all that is on the plate!

And yes, he does have to be told to pay his bills, put gas in the car, and purchase that ticket for this show, or that trip to see his daughter.

In short - partnership is the name of the game.

Pay can vary with experience and ability so, for more information, contact George Hopkins directly at hopkins@yea.org. He is back from the summer on the 16th of August and we would like to have someone into the office as soon as possible.

I will throw this comment out simply, and to the point:

If this is a joke....it's DARN funny.... If it's not, then what the h@*! is YEA! paying this guy to do?!?!?!?!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think a good executive assistant does? This sounds very normal to me.

Hey.... My exec assistant doesn't have to remind me to pay my bills, put gas in the car, or to see my family.... that's the part that worries me!

Why can't he see his daughter.

She lives with her Mom in Chicago

Wow, the attempts to criticize this man for ANYTHING are getting ridiculous

This link above is directly from the YEA website. That announcement is an attempt to find him an assistant, it is not a prank.