Is this for real?!?!?!

I work for a large pharmaceutical company...I do that and more (although I don't pay my boss' bills for them).

I keep their calendars, make appointments, remind them of commitments due, cajole them on wedding anniversaries, etc.

All in a day's work.

By the way, the grammar and punctuation in that "posting" is atrocious.

Edited by SBrancheau

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, the grammar and punctuation in that "posting" is atrocious.

Just one more reason they need someone like you :P

Honestly, this is one of the sillier threads I have seen. Some people don't like Mr. Hopkins. I get it. I even sympathize on some of the points. But in this thread, he has been accused of spreading himself too thin, and also criticized with "what are they paying him for" for not arranging his own conference calls and travel and such.

I'm waiting for the thread that starts -- "I saw George Hopkins standing there, and was BREATHING IN AND OUT!!!!!! WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS !?!?!?!?!?!?!?"

Sounds like he wrote the description himself, and he really, really needs an assistant! Have you read some of the "official" dci rule change submissions that he wrote? The language is pretty much the same as the job description...not very official sounding. He really needs an assistant...maybe 2!

He needs to step down as Executive Director of YEA and stick to only one full-time job (director of the Cadets) instead of trying to do two, in my opinion. One assistant won't do much help at all. With the way YEA is currently set up with George performing two very important, very time consuming full-time jobs in the organization at once, this new assistant (if they ever find one) will be gone in a month or two, and the revolving door at YEA will continue. Look for another similiar ad towards the end of the year.

Comments in other thread.

It's time to choose, George. YEA is suffering and their potential for growth is being undermined because you're taking on too much responsibility at one time. YEA deserves a better infrastructure, one that will allow them to grow. If things remain as they are, they'll only produce the same results (what's that insanity quote you're so fond of?). An overtaxed staff, a band circuit that can't handle its growing size, one championship calliber drum corps, and another corps with little sense of direction or stability. That is NOT the best that YEA can do. And unfortunately, it seems as if your passion to do all things yourself, and your unwillingness to trust others to get the job done may be stifling the organization's ultimate growth and ability to maximize its potential.

I'm not a YEA! borg but it seemed to me like they were doing well...hosting more competitions and expanding their services. About the only thing YEA! could stand to strengthen is the Crossmen...who just happened to be caught in one of the most competitive years of DCI ever.

So does he want one permanent assistant, or would he prefer to have assistants come and go on a revolving door basis?

BOOM SHAKA LAKA

"Revolving Door":

I would put my money on the revolving door "Assistant".

Elphaba

I just interviewed for a job at Playboy's corporate office that wasnt too different from this. I dont see what the big deal is.

I just interviewed for a job at Playboy's corporate office that wasnt too different from this. I dont see what the big deal is.

The big deal is that people will find some fault with Hop no matter what he does.

He could donate $1,000,000 to cancer research and people would complain because he didn't donate to AIDs research instead.