Any news of staff changes for 2007?

When I read something in Hop's blog about Crossmen's staff having to adjust to the grueling summer tour, I figured they had a staff that wasn't even beginning to resemble a traditional drum corps staff and were pulling them from marching bands or elsewhere. Has any drum corps done well that had a staff full of drum corps neophytes?

I haven't looked them up, I'm just basing it off something I read in one of his blog entries.

The brass design and visual design teams, along with about 1 visual and 1 colorguard instructional staff members, and the brass caption head never marched Jr Corps. Every other staff member marched either Glassmen, Crossmen, or Cadets, including many members of Blast. There might have been staff that marched other corps, but I am unaware.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the 180 possibility.........once again though last season and this season had most of the same instructional staff..except those that I mentioned..

Actually the change between 2005 and 2006 was drastic. The only staff that remained from 05 was a handful of percussion staff, 1 brass staff, 1 full-time visual staff, 1 volunteer visual staff, and 2 of the colorguard staff. All the designers (save for perc) were new as well as the corps director, tour manager, etc.

Here are the top 10 states that have Crossmen Alumni in them:

PA - 712

NJ - 236

VA - 179

NY - 112

FL - 110

MD - 97

TX - 73

MA - 50

NC - 48

OH - 45

States with more than 20 alumni:

CA - 43

MI - 27

IN - 23

WV - 22

Now could someone tell me why Crossmen would move to Virginia?!!!

Bones was born in Pennsylvania and they should stay in Pennsylvania! Cadets are the ones that should move to back to Jersey.

Edited by xbones7480

Here are the top 10 states that have Crossmen Alumni in them:

PA - 712

NJ - 236

VA - 179

NY - 112

FL - 110

MD - 97

TX - 73

MA - 50

NC - 48

OH - 45

States with more than 20 alumni:

CA - 43

MI - 27

IN - 23

WV - 22

Bones was born in Pennsylvania and they should stay in Pennsylvania! Cadets are the ones that should move to back to Jersey.

you're crazy...

and "Virginia is for Lovers" duh

I heard there was talk of buses in the deal... but that's just what I heard.

There's a also a lot of untapped (drum corps wise) musical talent in northern virginia. If they could grab some of those kids as seniors and keep them through college, I think the talent level would increase overall. And being based in the same place as the Cadets doesn't help anything.

I heard there was talk of buses in the deal... but that's just what I heard.

There's a also a lot of untapped (drum corps wise) musical talent in northern virginia. If they could grab some of those kids as seniors and keep them through college, I think the talent level would increase overall. And being based in the same place as the Cadets doesn't help anything.

EDITED

We'll just have to wait to see. Don't think Virigina is the answer though, sorry

Edited by xbones7480

EDITED

We'll just have to wait to see. Don't think Virigina is the answer though, sorry

So basically, for most of Saturday you were confirming the rumor that was posted on DCP earlier in the week (and of course promptly closed) stating that Vivace Productions, INC.! (http://www.vivaceproductions.com) is looking to acquire the Crossmen- perhaps to be announced at the next Crossmen Alumni meeting?