Any news of staff changes for 2007?

I'm not sure what you mean by "front office" ... but as Board President I can tell you that we are very pleased with Mr. Hickman. We are solidly behind his leadership; including his educational philosophy, vision, ethics, selection of staff, etc. The quality of experience that 135 young women and men, support staff and instructional staff receive with the GLASSMEN is, in no small part, directly influenced by our Executive Director. There is no "impatience" at the Board level. We are thankful for his 10 years of service with the Corps and wish for many, many more to follow.

Every season is a "big one" for him (and the Board), but as far as determining his future with the GLASSMEN, that is nothing more than, as you say, "rumor." May I add ... UNFOUNDED at that.

The advancement of such a rumor may call the poster's character, motive, and/or maturity into question, but certainly NOT Mr. Hickman's employment.

Thank you. Well said and appropriate considering the content of the original post.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds to me from hopsblog that the crossmen are the big discussion today at the YEA! board meeting...

Board Meeting Saturday.

I do not look forward to the day.

Some decisions to be made and I am sure there will not be agreement.

It is sad to see people argue.

It is sad when it gets personal.

It is also difficult for me.

I need to keep my ego in check.Otherwise, I give too much credance to the critics.

I need to remind myself of my mission, of my work for so many years and of my responsibility to do what I believe is best for YEA! Of course all will not agree. Heck, sometimes it feels like I am in this alone.

BUT ...

I have considered options for the organization.

I have put in place the admin team.

It's time.

It is definitly time.

Any thoughts of what this means?

From Pioneer website; Ed Warren has been hired as Show Coordinator and Drill Designer. Should be a good thing for the corps. Hopefully we will also see an upgrade in the guard and horn instruction area.

What they really need to do is to hire some proven, experienced and creative staff people. Let me guess, expect another "thrilling all Irish themed" show in 2007, right?! Ugh! For some reason, the number 23 keeps coming up in my crystal ball.

What they really need to do is to hire some proven, experienced and creative staff people. Let me guess, expect another "thrilling all Irish themed" show in 2007, right?! Ugh! For some reason, the number 23 keeps coming up in my crystal ball.

Could that 23 perhaps relate to IQ? Did Roman run over your dog with his bus or something.

Edited by Drillwatcher

sounds to me from hopsblog that the crossmen are the big discussion today at the YEA! board meeting...

Board Meeting Saturday.

I do not look forward to the day.

Some decisions to be made and I am sure there will not be agreement.

It is sad to see people argue.

It is sad when it gets personal.

It is also difficult for me.

I need to keep my ego in check.Otherwise, I give too much credance to the critics.

I need to remind myself of my mission, of my work for so many years and of my responsibility to do what I believe is best for YEA! Of course all will not agree. Heck, sometimes it feels like I am in this alone.

BUT ...

I have considered options for the organization.

I have put in place the admin team.

It's time.

It is definitly time.

Any thoughts of what this means?

The Future of Crossmen???????