Houston, we have a problem...

<<sigh>> Sheeeeeeeeesh...I'm not sure of the angst is really justified about some stinking dates that, like Brother Jason just said, is probably an error (which as a side note--hopefully with emails a'flyin' will get CORRECTED quickly)...because man it just still seems to me that this whole Rose Bowl idea just SUCKS to some of you, doesn't it? Just can't let go of the "Oh God, of ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the places, it has to be THERE?" argument?

Between the actual physical and logistical set up of the Rose Bowl, the physical and logistical set up of Pasadena City College and it's proximity to the Rose Bowl, the UNBELIEVABLE amounts of hotels within one hour, the great amounts of people that I believe will be there (far more than 20,000--heh!), the great tours (that's plural) that I have heard PERSONALLY from a DCI official that is being worked out right now which is going to be GREAT for ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL corps, and the fact that DCI is VERY VERY excited about what this 2007 Championship is going to be like for everyone involved leads me to believe that THIS championship will be GREAT--even if they don't close down any roads.

I've performed many times in the Rose Bowl and I've seen many a show from inside the Rose Bowl...you will NOT be disappointed. This is going to be an experience for the performers AND the fans that will rival any other championship. For ONCE, people that come to DCI will have more to do than they know what to do as southern California, all within an EASY 2 hour drive of Pasadena, is absolutely full of it...I mean, full of things to do. heeeee heeeeeee...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you, and I know you're exaggerating... But there are some other really good stadiums in the area. I don't know about Pasadena City College, but Citrus College and MSAC have good stadiums that I think would be great. I know such stadiums don't have as much cache as getting to perform in the actual Rose Bowl, but I think they are better in some ways.

MSAC? Is that Mount San Antonio College near Diamond Bar? Yikes, what a HORRIBLE stadium for a major show! I'm still pulling out splenters from the warped wood seats! And if you don't know your away around and park in the wrong area, you have to walk around a mountain to the other side to enter. No way DCI should have a really big show there. Also, are there really enough seats? No way. San Diego would be better...

Is anyone else experiencing dejavu? Think back a couple of years...

1988 - Wasn't it announced - both at KC finals and on the PBS broadcast - that DCI would be in Montreal in '89? :laugh:

OT, but thank god that happened! It was simply divine intervention that kept us from returning to that acoustical twilight zone in 89. Besides, KC's stadium was AWESOME!!!

<<sigh>> Sheeeeeeeeesh...I'm not sure of the angst is really justified about some stinking dates that, like Brother Jason just said, is probably an error (which as a side note--hopefully with emails a'flyin' will get CORRECTED quickly)...because man it just still seems to me that this whole Rose Bowl idea just SUCKS to some of you, doesn't it? Just can't let go of the "Oh God, of ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the places, it has to be THERE?" argument?

Between the actual physical and logistical set up of the Rose Bowl, the physical and logistical set up of Pasadena City College and it's proximity to the Rose Bowl, the UNBELIEVABLE amounts of hotels within one hour, the great amounts of people that I believe will be there (far more than 20,000--heh!), the great tours (that's plural) that I have heard PERSONALLY from a DCI official that is being worked out right now which is going to be GREAT for ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL corps, and the fact that DCI is VERY VERY excited about what this 2007 Championship is going to be like for everyone involved leads me to believe that THIS championship will be GREAT--even if they don't close down any roads.

I've performed many times in the Rose Bowl and I've seen many a show from inside the Rose Bowl...you will NOT be disappointed. This is going to be an experience for the performers AND the fans that will rival any other championship. For ONCE, people that come to DCI will have more to do than they know what to do as southern California, all within an EASY 2 hour drive of Pasadena, is absolutely full of it...I mean, full of things to do. heeeee heeeeeee...

Not me, I am so excited about the chance for a trip to California, and to actually see the Rosebowl. I either have to get on a plane or prepare for a really long drive wherever it is, except Buffalo. If the plane takes me to California, then even better :) .

I just want to make sure of the dates, so I can book a hotel room asap. I wouldn't miss this for the world!

Here are the facts -

DCI has announced the show(s) is the second week of August, 2007. I for one am planning on sticking to those dates unless DCI says otherwise. Any other rumors are just that. rumors.

The Rose Bowl is a more than adequet site to host the Drum Corps International World Championships. If you need proof, ask any one of the 10-thousand plus people that attended TOC a few years back. I was there, saw the show, thought it was fabulous, and my opinion won't change. It will work folks, I promise.

Pasadena City College is a more than adequete site for the Div II and III DCI world Championship competition. If you need proof, ask any one of the thousands of people that have attended the Tournement of Roses Band Fest over the years.

Ryan Turner is a drum corps genious! Need proof, ask anyone that has worked with him..

well the neighborhood we ended up in was kind of rough, too.. and the signs were all indicating "RFK Stadium" around us.. maybe we were just the only ones who misunderstood.

Anyway.. to answer the original post, here's a link to an article posted on DCI.org yesterday:

Dates for 2007 DCI Finals

The Rose Bowl has also fixed their calendar to reflect Aug. 9th-11th.

The Rose Bowl has also fixed their calendar to reflect Aug. 9th-11th.

Well, I guess that's as good a way to kill a thread as any. Everybody go back to your room. There's nothing to see here.

I dunno yet.

Let's dig up PCC's calendar shall we?

Would you like Dan Acheson to come to your door with the stadium contract and schedule? :)