G bugles

SoCal Dream....I think you'll find a lot of the newer Sr corps on G....they pick up inventory of corps changing keys...

Gulf Coast Sound is on G. We picked up the inventory of Bayou City Blues, who didn't actually change keys.

Key of G rocks, don't have any desire to ever march without a G horn.

B)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gulf Coast Sound is on G. We picked up the inventory of Bayou City Blues, who didn't actually change keys.

Key of G rocks, don't have any desire to ever march without a G horn.

B)

Don't'cha just love playing on horns older than some members of your corps?? ^0^

Pioneer, baby.

Although, there have been ROMOURS (Key word right there, which looks spelled wrong, but it's been a long day), that we MIGHT be going to Bb in 2007. And I know Revolution uses G, I saw em with a couple 2-valve sops.

"Still in "G"":

Most of the "Alumni" corps are still in "G". (Thank God). One exception to this is Scout House Alumni, who, in keeping with their tradition from their "Junior" days use "Bb" horns.

They actually don't consider themselves a "Drum & Bugle Corps" but rather a "Bugle Band".

Elphaba

Westshoremen Alumni use a combination of G and Bb horns. Reason is the corps itself owns very little equipment so most people bring what they can own or can borrow. Headache for the staff as they have to provide two sets of scores, one for each key. But when there are around 60 horns playing inside, ya can't tell the difference. :blink:

Prairie Sound of KC have Dynasty 2 valve G Bugles along with 3 King 2 valve Baritones.

The public will get to hear these Bugles in 2007. :music:

On a Historical note: Our King Baritones have Black Gold stenciled on the cases. The only 3 valve Mellphone we have is marked Cavaliers, We have 4 Sops from the Kilties and one from the US Airforce. Some of our Dynasty Baris have SunRisers etched in to the chrome.

We also have a line of Dynasty drums in the key of G. :music: :P

Edited by Kansan

Mass Brass we use G....I had a young lady at the mini corps show explain to me why Bb horns do not project. Geesh, something to do with the resonance of the universe, and Bb horns resonating down 37 octaves, and being absorbed by the other objects in the universe...Excellent explination, but my explanation...if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...must be a BAND...LOL...

Kilties play Gs, in fact we have already taken delivery of new Kanstul Powerbore G Sopranos. Rest of the hornline to be replaced during the winter.

Hanover Lancers Alumni - full set of 3 valve Gs.......

Pretty sure Mon Valley Express - at least the contra line

Everything we have is in g except 3 french horns in F which will be replaced with g as soon as I find them.Everything is 3 valve except the contras.