Capital Regiment Website

I was checking up on the Capital Regiment website this morning, pretty randomly and I ran across the announcement that it was to be shut down by the webmaster/tour coordinator for some reasons that he lists in an announcement and continues on the forums. It's rather disturbing to read, as someone who's marched and knows what kind of things go into the opporation of a corps and I know many people don't necessarily read their forums as much as you may read Blue Devils or The Cavaliers. I know I don't.

I just hope that DCI is fully aware of the #### that these two staff members clearly went through with the admin (Rick Bays). There needs to be some serious investigation into this issue for the sake of the kids. I'm truly concerned.

Announcement

Forum Post

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:(

:o :o :o :o :o :o

That sounds like some director they got there.

Well, you're hearing one side of the story. I'm in no way affiliated with the corps, so I don't know what the other half may be.

The disturbing points, as I see them, is that this is the same corps whose guard staff walked away in 2005 and, if you read through some of the threads on the webpage, there are allusions to all sorts of problems this year.

It's a shame. CR has made great progress over the last several years and this is the kind of stuff that keeps people from wanting to audition (as we've seen so many times before.) I wish them nothing but the best but their Board and/or DCI needs to step in here to make sure members' needs are met.

Matt Bonfield runs (ran?) IndianaMarching.com. I know that he's posted on DCP before, perhaps he can comment for us.

*edit* and then I read further, and see that he posts a pretty lengthy answer in the CR forums.

Edited by Maedhros

As the parent of a third year vet with Capital Regiment I would like to say that we wish Matt Bonfield all the best as it was clearly he who was there for the corps all summer. He is the one who answered our phone messages after getting disturbing reports from our corps members. So thank you again, and I hope you at least get your paychecks. That in itself is an actual crime that I believe the IRS would be interested in. Hopefully, DCI will get to the bottom of what all went wrong this summer and never allow it to happen again with this corps or anyone else.

Becky Palmer

All I have to say is WOW! How this corps ever made it through the season is nothing short of amazing.

When you have all of your volunteers quit, and the key staff members getting dumped on by upper management... it's a wonder the corps made it through the season.

Matt should be paid, if not, there's ways he can go about making sure he does.

I hope someone steps in and does something before next season. There should be no chasing medical forms throughout the season, if that stuff isn't in before tour starts, you don't get on the bus.

It's sad to see the website go down, but he's gotta do what he thinks is right.

Good luck in future endeavors and you'll find a corps that has a staff that is worthy of your services (I know you were appreciated by most with CR, but you know what I mean.)

matt, megan, and fred were a true blessing this summer...and the information presented on the CR website is accurate...whoever said you are only hearing one side of the story...your right...there is the members side...and the staff side too....and at least one of those is even worse than this...

Edited by davidfromthepit