Capital Regiment Website

Shutting down a web site? Very strange unless it's for maintainance purposes. Not to feed the rumor mill, but there must be something going on in the "ivory tower". Can't blame it on the worker bees. They did their job.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shutting down a web site? Very strange unless it's for maintainance purposes. Not to feed the rumor mill, but there must be something going on in the "ivory tower". Can't blame it on the worker bees. They did their job.

From what I am understanding after reading everything, he ran the website for free, and now that he is separating from the corps, he is shutting it down on his own. He is the webmaster, he can do that.

hes shutting it down because he was never paid...and he was using his own money for site upkeep etc...

Seems like there is more to the story......

http://www.capitalregiment.org/forums/inde...9.html#msg18819

This is an eye-opener, however. I have heard of things going on at CapReg this past summer but never knew it was this bad.

Reading all this makes me very concerned about the future of Capital Regiment. I hope DCI has become involved to help resolve some of these issues.

I heard rumblings about the craziness that was happening at Capital Regiment, but had no idea that they were this bad!

I feel sick.

I had so much hope for CR and think they still have a bright future. I hope that this gets settled very quickly.

I had only heard really positive things up until this year.

It is amazing that CR was able to do as well as they did this year. Its sad - think about what they truly could have accomplished if their Executive Director actually supported CR rather than go on an extended power trip.

ugh.

Yeah, sounds like the webmaster got the short end of the stick. I can totally relate. I hope they get everything cleaned up out there.

It is amazing that CR was able to do as well as they did this year. Its sad - think about what they truly could have accomplished if their Executive Director actually supported CR rather than go on an extended power trip.

ugh.

And to think all the complaining we've done about Hopkins (mostly his lambbrain ideas), at least one cannot say he didn't care about the kids. Now reading this it sounds like CR's director is having a bit of power trip making himself unavailable when he's needed the most. I feel bad for the organization. :(

I wouldn't doubt any of that. I marched there a couple of years ago and had a major problem with the director. That is why no staff ever wants to stay, why the guard quit mid season in 05 and why lots of guard members quit in 04. If only there was a way for Rick Bays to be released from Capital and had somebody who cares about the members step in. Then you would have a higher return rate, both members and staff. I personally wouldn't have minded returning to CapReg but choose to move on because the director was really that bad. Everybody there hates him and the corps could actually move up rather quickly if they got rid of him.

............and I hope he reads this!!