Drum corps tunes at my wedding

Sorry for the on-the-edge-of being-off-topic topic, but I wanted to share this.

I'm getting married on 9/9/06 and am adapting a few of my favorite corps tunes to be played by a brass quintet at the ceremony. I use the word adapting because I'm sticking fairly close to the corps arrangements. Here are some of the details...

SIMPLE GIFTS (prelude music) - I'm following the Blast version to a fair degree, but I'm adding the intro from Garfield 1987. I'm also throwing in a few strains of Red Pony and Ode to Joy to the middle for a little variety and additional material.

SANCTUS/LOCUS ISTE (processional) - This is going to be nearly identical in structure to the Phantom 2003 opener. Sorry to say that I am cutting the fancy mello part at the end. I love that part (and I did transcribe it just for fun!), but I think it would just seem over the top in the context of a wedding processional. Since the Phantom arrangement is relatively short, the quintet will repeat the fff section ad nauseum (maybe once or twice) until the procession is completed. It will end on the V chord, leading into a stock arrangement of the Wagner Bridal March.

FIRE OF ETERNAL GLORY (unity candle) - Pretty much the same as the Phantom 1993 arrangement, including the tag at the end.

The recessional music will be a stock arrangement of the Mendelssohn Wedding March.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool stuff man.

Phantom Regiment will play Elsa's at my wedding, I have already decided.

######, now I've got to go redo MY wedding plans! :P

Hope your wedding day is great!

We tried a flag exchange over the bride at my cousin's wedding. The groom's side hadn't shown up for the all the rehearsals, and ended up impaling the ring bearer.

After 37 beers at the reception, however, my rendition of SCV's "Bottle Dance" got a great reaction even though the wine bottle kept falling off my head and eventually broke into tiny pieces all over the dance floor.

Seriously, though, your selections sound awesome, and the fact that you've done the arrangements will really add something special to the ceremony. Have a great one!!

Man, I always wanted to hire a small brass ensemble from Regiment to play "Canon in D" at my wedding...

WOW! That sounds REALY cool. I always imagined the bride walking down the isle to 27's Crown Imperial. That would be a real knock out!

Cool stuff man.

Phantom Regiment will play Elsa's at my wedding, I have already decided.

You know, I listened to Elsa's and I really wanted to use it! I fell in love with it when I heard it live at the Tour of Champs indoor show in 2004. In the end, I decided that the piece would be a little too complicated for me to arrange myself, especially having to boil down so many musical lines to 5 horns.

Now, if I could have hired the actual Phantom horn line to arc up behind the altar... b**bs

WOW! That sounds REALY cool. I always imagined the bride walking down the isle to 27's Crown Imperial. That would be a real knock out!

Really and truly, my HS graduation march was to "Crown Imperial March" by Sir William Walton. There were three members (or members to be) of 27th in the graduating class. No, we in no way influenced the choice. Just coincidence. (and yes, it was all we could do not to perform the "kick-step" on the way into the ceremony).

(BTW, we were an all boys school and the entire class of 1975 wore white tuxes instead of caps and gowns).

TJK, did the class of 1976 also use "Crown"?

*edited for grammar

Edited by A27Lancer