Drum corps tunes at my wedding

If I had the money...

I would plan my wedding to be in the same area as any top 6 corps, and have them play some stuff for me... that would be awesome... omg.... awesome...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go with something OTHER than the Mendelssohn wedding march at the end.

If you can use the finale from Charles Widor (vee-dor) Organ Symphony #5.

Would be FABULOUS for brass!

I would love to have a copy of all of that music for my brass quintet... AWESOME stuff... if you can... please send it to my e-mail... Nummy1@mac.com Thanks :)

Seriously, though, your selections sound awesome, and the fact that you've done the arrangements will really add something special to the ceremony. Have a great one!!

Like more stress than any human deserves..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Word to the wise, FINISH THE CHARTS NOW !!!!

I wrote the charts for our quintet. I was finishing the last chart about 3 AM the morning of our rehearsal and copying the parts off (in the days before "Finale" or "Sibelius") and literally came running into the beginning of the rehearsal that evening, tossing the parts to the quintet.

It did work out well and the quintet was made up of our friends from the corps, and some fraternity brothers from college. As far as drum corps music, we used "Greatest Love of All" to seat the mothers (.... I believe the children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way....) and a vocal duet of "Let It Be Me" for the unity candle (we had both marched Spirit).

All our best for your wedding, from one of those drum corps/love story - fairy tales... (still together 20 plus years and four kids later, teaching band and some drum corps together over the years) Hope you are as happy as we have been !! :)

Edited by nhsalan

Does your wife play? If so give her a horn at the reception...

jen_wedding_contra.jpg

Trust me, it's cool!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Beibl Ave yet..

though, if I had my druthers (and a big formal wedding to plan), I would use the Holst Ave -- vocal score.. and SOME corps needs to put this one on the field. It's breathtaking. I was driving the first time I heard it and I seriously had to pull over.

Go with something OTHER than the Mendelssohn wedding march at the end.

If you can use the finale from Charles Widor (vee-dor) Organ Symphony #5.

Would be FABULOUS for brass!

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked out the sample of the Widor on Amazon, but honestly didn't care for it. Your suggestion did make me reconsider the recession music though, and now I'm thinking about replacing the Mendelssohn with the Handel Water Music Finale.

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked out the sample of the Widor on Amazon, but honestly didn't care for it. Your suggestion did make me reconsider the recession music though, and now I'm thinking about replacing the Mendelssohn with the Handel Water Music Finale.

Couperin - Rigadoun (I think I'm spelling that wrong.. but it's awesome. I suggest it to almost every bride who's wedding I sing)

Man, I always wanted to hire a small brass ensemble from Regiment to play "Canon in D" at my wedding...

I think that I want to hire the entire phantom regiment to play at my wedding.

And there will be fireworks after the concert.

And there will be flyovers by the blue angels.

And we will have root beer floats and donuts for refreshments, thats all.