Drum corps tunes at my wedding

Good morning:

Stef knows I'd totally be all over THIS topic! :) She was the singer/cantor at our wedding!

We had a complete drum corps wedding. Really.

1. Everyone in the bridal party had MTX marching shoes (black for the men - white for me)

2. The priest was Father Jim - who is a huge corps supporter.

3. Our organist (John Skilton), best man (Ed Meyer of PR/SCV brass fame!), one groomsman (DCA announcer Fran Haring!), marched with the groom.

4. The brass quintet was headed by Chris Nalls and contained our fav evil Renegades - they were awesome including guest trumpeter Joey Piro.

5. Reception decorations were flag silks in the colors of our favorite corps as custom made by Fred J. Miller inc., old corps photos (xerox) laid out on tables.

6. Our first dance? "Let It Be Me" by Spirit 80

7. Best non-corps bit was teaching everyone to dance like the Greeks!

8. The cake was Madison Peach with little fleur de lis designs.

9. After reception clean up, we headed over to SCV winter camp and donated all the left-over food (I think there was so much we feed the whole corps!)

10. We had a special drum corps cake for after the rehearsal dinner shaped and decorated like a football field ready for corps!

11. Our invitations had pics of me and Ed in past corps uniforms.

12. The bubbles had little tags attached with lyrics to our favorite corps songs: "I bless the day I found you", "You are the sunshine of my life", "looking through the eyes of love". There were 15 variations in all.

13. The guestbook was a 22" Remo drumhead.

14. And the funniest moment was replacing the bride's garter with a DCI sideline marker. (Yeah orange cone!)

Music at the full mass/wedding: Cannon in D, One Hand One Heart, Ave (Beibl), Simple Gifts, and exit to Ode to Joy (I know I'm forgetting one or two).

Great memories!

Edited by MAV

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah.. I knew I spelled it wrong..

Rigaudon (it's a type of french dance)

Here's a link to a sample audio.. it's at the bottom of the page:

http://www.essentialsofmusic.com/composer/48163.html

Good morning:

Stef knows I'd totally be all over THIS topic! :) She was the singer/cantor at our wedding!

7. Best non-corps bit was teaching everyone to dance like the Greeks!

How fitting that this would be #7!

Don't forget your photographer!! None other than Sue Johnson!

This truly was a drum corps wedding.. such fun.. and yes.. learning to dance like the Greeks.. priceless. You missed Erica and I having sword fights with the roses on the table, though..

And who caught the bouquet? The then-unbeknownst-to-her-but-soon-to-be-Mrs.-Jeff-DeMello, Francesca Columbini!!

Lots of fun.. lots and lots of fun...and great tabbouli!

Edited by ScribeToo

When my wife and I got married, one of the songs played was a recording of Madison playing "Never Walk Alone". The song also has a great deal of meaning and tradition with our college marching band (that we were both a part of).

Also, when my sister (who marched Colts '00-'02) got married last October, during the entrance of the wedding party to the reception, when the bride and groom entered, they played the BD studio recording of "When a Man Loves a Woman".

If I had the money...

I would plan my wedding to be in the same area as any top 6 corps, and have them play some stuff for me... that would be awesome... omg.... awesome...

Well, if you picked the Cadets you would already have tables for the reception...as long as you like pink! :P

Phantom Regiment will play Elsa's at my wedding, I have already decided.
Now, if I could have hired the actual Phantom horn line to arc up behind the altar... b**bs

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!!!!!!!!!!!! That would be frickin' SWEET!!! Can you imagine how loud that would be? I would make sure to have my wedding in a small chapel just so the sound would resonate more. That would be unreal!!

My fiancee' has turned into a huge drum corps nut since I introduced her to the activity last year. She has already talked about trying to put Biebl's Ave Maria in our wedding somehow and after reading this thread she now wants to put just about every other great Regiment piece in our wedding. I have to temper her enthusiasm some because I can't arrange these pieces and I'm not sure who we would have play them if I could. Her other option was to get married in Rockford so that Regiment's hornline could play for us. We have NO family even close to Rockford and she's only been there once. She's a nut I'm telling you!!!

Our son and his fiance met in Teal Sound in '01. (He just proposed to her in Madison this summer) I don't know if it is still their Corps song, but the whole time our son and daughter were in Teal the Corps song was "Nothing Else Matters" in honor of their MeTEALica tour. I thought it might be fitting to play that at their reception when they finally get married.

I agree that Fire of Eternal Glory is a good one - brings me to tears every time. It would be fitting since his fiance has been with PR the past 2 seasons, and the Corps our son has been with the past 2 years plays it as well.

CorpsMom13

225235376_29acc35779.jpg

Here I am at my 1999 Wedding reception. The Sax player also marched with me in Crossmen's soprano line (Harry Stevenson). It was a great time!!!

• 2 weeks later...
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!!!!!!!!!!!! That would be frickin' SWEET!!! Can you imagine how loud that would be? I would make sure to have my wedding in a small chapel just so the sound would resonate more. That would be unreal!!

It would resonate more in a BIG chapel... lets not forget the laws of physics now ;)