letter from board of directors from scouts site

I guess if somebody had a problem with something scribetoo has to say, somebody should have emailed scribetoo directly to talk about it. scribetoo never got a single email or private message.

And maybe the BoD could have done the same (i.e. "consider the health of the organization and it's current members first") before making a mistake of this magnitude and never once apologizing for it publicly -- especially when it is admitted privately.

Yeah, great. Always blame the other guy. A wonderful life lesson for us all.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, great. Always blame the other guy. A wonderful life lesson for us all.

Yeah but I'm not here to teach life lessons to anyone.. ... and neither am I charged with the well-being of 135 young men on the road..

I'm just a fan who loves the corps then, now and into the future.

The same cannot be said for the BoD and if they want to avoid criticism from "just a fan," then they are the only ones who can do something about that.

Stef

I guess if somebody had a problem with something scribetoo has to say, somebody should have emailed scribetoo directly to talk about it. scribetoo never got a single email or private message.

And maybe the BoD could have done the same (i.e. "consider the health of the organization and it's current members first") before making a mistake of this magnitude and never once apologizing for it publicly -- especially when it is admitted privately.

The damage done could never have come from the outside, boys. Besides, I doubt any "damage" will last long. As I said earlier (and have held all along), JS is a great guy and could very well be a great director -- contrary to the beliefs of a lot of Scouts detractors. But do please feel free to allow THAT message to get lost in what you think of me personally -- whether you know me or not.

Stef

Well Scribe.......I happen to think that all the vitriol being hurled your way regarding the whole "JS" situation is sadly misdirected. No one should be faulting you on relaying something said to you whether in confidence or not. That is between you and whomever gave you the information. I disagree with you a lot but this is unfair. I would go so far as to suggest that all those who are taking these pot shots at you should be men and apologize.

HOWEVER.......... whomever passed this info to you is not a trustworthy individual. Whomever he or she may be has a serious charector flaw called lack of discretion in the least. Lack of integrity also comes to mind. He/she should be ashamed of themselves. All one has in this world is their word which appears to lacking in this individual.

Bill

Edited by endy29

Well Scribe.......I happen to think that all the vitriol being hurled your way regarding the whole "JS" situation is sadly misdirected. No one should be faulting you on relaying something said to you whether in confidence or not. That is between you and whomever gave you the information. I disagree with you a lot but this is unfair. I would go so far as to suggest that all those who are taking these pot shots at you should be men and apologize.

HOWEVER.......... whomever passed this info to you is not a trustworthy individual. Whomever he or she may be has a serious charector flaw called lack of discretion in the least. Lack of integrity also comes to mind. He/she should be ashamed of themselves. All one has in this world is their word which appears to lacking in this individual.

Bill

I made a few posts directed at Stef. However none were pot shots, and I definately won't apologize. The problem I had was that the BoD hadn't made an offical announcement. I think the corp members deserve to know who their director is before DCP. This is a forum, you're allowed your opinion.

Edited by acn

Lance - isn't talking about my problem with the BoD on topic?

Hi there. Let's keep this on-topic, please. Thanks.

Lance

see...now, around every corner there's a cop waiting to write warning tickets. :P

cute_babies_12.jpg

I keed, Lance... I keed. :P

Bill

Bill, you are correct that the information was somehow passed on from someone with a lack of discrection. Scribe, however, is perpetuating that lack of discretion. So, any vitriol hurled her way doesn't seem that sadly misdirected or unfair to me. She was fully aware of the situation in Madison, and made the unfortunate decision to attempt to 'scoop' everyone on DCP by divulging it here. Not even sure if 'JS' reads DCP, so what would be the point of congratulating him here? Scribe talks about people emailing directly, rather than trying to have a discussion through postings. Wouldn't a direct email message be a much better way to congratulate JS on his, at that time unofficial, appointment?!? Especially given the sensititve nature of the information?

I made a few posts directed at Stef. However none were pot shots, and I definately won't apologize. The problem I had was that the BoD hadn't made an offical announcement. I think the corp members deserve to know who their director is before DCP. This is a forum, you're allowed your opinion.

And how is all that related to the "JS" leak? ........which was the topic, I believe.

Bill, you are correct that the information was somehow passed on from someone with a lack of discrection. Scribe, however, is perpetuating that lack of discretion. So, any vitriol hurled her way doesn't seem that sadly misdirected or unfair to me. She was fully aware of the situation in Madison, and made the unfortunate decision to attempt to 'scoop' everyone on DCP by divulging it here. Not even sure if 'JS' reads DCP, so what would be the point of congratulating him here? Scribe talks about people emailing directly, rather than trying to have a discussion through postings. Wouldn't a direct email message be a much better way to congratulate JS on his, at that time unofficial, appointment?!? Especially given the sensititve nature of the information?

Jon.........you make a case for her complicity, but she could not have been so without some "responsible party" being irresponsible. To me....that is the greater wrong. It just struck me that THAT party appears to be getting a free pass. Your later points on emailing vs posting are VERY well taken. lol... very well taken.

Bill