LIVE from the Pressbox

JohnD

The percussion section decided that 2006 was going to be the year for miracles. I was really impressed by the performance and energy that these fine musicians displayed. Yes, I used the word...musicians. BTW, thanks Lee for grabbing a drum this season and making a huge difference! I'm sure the line appreciates it! The pit performed the intensity, finesse, and elegance. At one point, I remember being at a camp when there were about 6 people in the percussion section. And look at what you achieved tonight! There aren't enough words that I have to show my gratitude for the work that went on in this section. Congratulations!

:rock:

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, there are also people sitting in the bleacher section to my left (end zone, side 1). This place is packed!

Wow, nice coverage DCP! Wish I could be there tonight instead of the gale that I was part of at prelims.

My hat is off to all the performers from yesterday. In over forty years of watching drum corps, I have never seen a performance in conditions like that. :rock:

NEAT! The drums are playing on toms mounted on the sides of stage props. The cymbals are standing on top of the props, holding their cymbals down so the snares can play on them, too. A very powerful effect.

By the way, it is STILL warmer now than it was all day yesterday. 61 degrees according to Weather.com.

Radar has really cleared up, too. New England is no longer getting soaked.

Here comes the Cabs. This drumline is aggressive and clean, one of the best in DCA this year.

NEAT! The drums are playing on toms mounted on the sides of stage props. The cymbals are standing on top of the props, holding their cymbals down so the snares can play on them, too. A very powerful effect.

It must be nice to actually see what you could only listen to yesterday!

Thanks for the back sideline shot....Is this venue high enough to offer a good vantage point for the majority of spectators?