LIVE from the Pressbox

JohnD

Welcome to the 2006 A.J. Wright DCA Championships Finals from PAETEC Park Stadium in Rochester, NY - here on DrumCorpsPlanet. We're getting things ready for our real-time updates from the pressbox.

Here's tonite's schedule (all times EDST)

5:30p - Opening Ceremonies commence

Class A Championship Competition

6:00p - SoCal Dream

6:17p - White Sabres

6:34p - Govenaires

Open Class Championship Competition

6:51p - Carolina Gold

7:08p - CorpsVets

7:25p - Hurricanes

7:42p - Renegades

7:59p - Brigadiers

8:16p - Minnesota Brass, Inc.

8:33p - Caballeros

8:50p - Bushwackers

9:07p - Empire Statesmen

9:24p - Buccaneers

10:00- - Start of Awards Ceremony

While we wish you were here with us in Rochester .... we're happy to bring you these updates.

Enjoy the show, thru the eyes of our commentators.

-john

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can hear the warm-ups of Fran Haring ... THE VOICE of DCA (other than in So Cal, of-course .... with a nod to 'The H'). Fran has really out-done himself with his (in)famous Hawaiian shirt this evening - which we're hoping will keep the rain away.

DSCN5311sm.JPG

Greetings from "the chair next to John"!

Jeff DeMello here, as a guest poster! Tonight is a great night for DCA finals ... right now it's cool, but not cold, and NO RAIN!

I am prepared, though, as I have 4 layers of shirts / sweaters / jackets!

I just came through the souvie area, and it is PACKED full of fans. I met the Reading Buccaniers souvie guy in the parking lot, and he was hauling in another box of sweatshirts ... which are still in great demand.

As John has posted, Fran Haring is announcing the lineup, and we're almost ready to start.

More later!

On the field now for the National Anthem is the Brigs Alumni, wearing their uniforms from the late 50's to the early 70's.

Please Stand!

Im looking forward to all of the updates!

Gotta love those G Bugles!

Now they are playing themselves off the field with a ROUSING version of "Black Saddle"

[q

While we wish you were here with us in Rochester .... we're happy to bring you these updates.

Enjoy the show, thru the eyes of our commentators.

-john

Thanks to all of you for the great coverage. For those of us that couldn't make the trip this year, you are really a sanity saver. My wife even gives her blessing to you for putting me in a much better mood. I just can't say enough about your on line coverage....A real CLASS ACT......in spite of last nights weather.

Jim Ormiston...... :rock::huh::rock: :mmm: :mmm: :mmm:

Scarlet Knights......1961-1964, Snare Line

Golden Buccaneers.....1965

USMC D&B............1965-1969, Snare,Tenor, Soprano, Mellophone

Park City Pride.......2004- forever, Snare Line

The stands are filling up ... end zone to end zone, and then some!

Being a soccer stadium, the stands aren't very high, so it looks like the end zones will be filling up.

You've got to hand it to all the corps for yesterdays performance.

It was WAY NASTY ... I haven't seen it rain that bad since '73 US Open Prelims in Marion, OH ... when Blue Rock was supposed to leave the field due to VERY HEAVY rain, and lightning, but they stayed the course and blew the faces off the crowd.

Last night, even through the most miserable conditions, *everyone* gave it their all, pushed through the elements, and blew the rain into the stands (with a little help from mother nature, of course!)