A Class Finals High Drums

I don't have a rule book, and haven't looked at the section regarding this...but does this also apply to the top 10 ?

No it doesn't.

I guess the thought is it would be difficult for a corps placing less than 10th in Prelims to win a caption award. However as only 3 A corps move on a corps placing in 4th or 5th could easily take a top award.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it doesn't.

I guess the thought is it would be difficult for a corps placing less than 10th in Prelims to win a caption award. However as only 3 A corps move on a corps placing in 4th or 5th could easily take a top award.

Hmmmm...sounds logical, but the White Sabers brassline won brass at finals over So Cal Dream (who won brass in prelims) who was also in the night show !

I'm not complaining...those are the rules...at least as they are now ! Congrats to both Chops and So Cal on both awards !

Can you say......"RULES CHANGE" ?

Congratulations to all the White Sabers. See what dedication, discipline, and determination can do for you? All your hard work brought you very close to being World Champions. Next year......"Git 'er Done!" :worthy:

I guess that's fair, although it means that two corps that are in finals could flip on a caption and the winner not get recognized for it.

Cheers

Yep...that happened in brass...White Sabers outscored So Cal in brass at finals !

NO REGRETS ! Congrats to So Cal on a great season !

3rd place percussion in Prelims was LakeShoremen. I keep on saying it ..... we had a very strong Class A this year from top to bottom.

I hope the open class ranks are watching because, several of these corps have the potential to be knocking on Open Finals Consistently within the next 3-5 years (if that is indeed their goal).

3rd place percussion in Prelims was LakeShoremen. I keep on saying it ..... we had a very strong Class A this year from top to bottom.

I hope the open class ranks are watching because, several of these corps have the potential to be knocking on Open Finals Consistently within the next 3-5 years (if that is indeed their goal).

Well said my friend !

Tell Dave Clark to get his butt back with the corps !

Best of luck always !

Rick Rogers, Jr.

Thanks you guys. Im glad that we are being recognized for all our hard work. B) Congrats to Chops Inc. We'll see you next year. ^0^

Calvin Gwinner- White Sabers Cymbal Line

Good going Chops Inc. Drumline!

Too bad A class finals is limited to only 3 corps. I think that's an unfair bias against smaller corps on the part of DCA>

Good going Chops Inc. Drumline!

Too bad A class finals is limited to only 3 corps. I think that's an unfair bias against smaller corps on the part of DCA>

I agree (selfishly) to an extent, because it would have been fun to play in front of 8,000+ fans, but I guess it isn't too out of proportion. Maybe do the same proportions though. 10 out of 16 open class corps made it (62.5%); 4 out of 7Class A corps moving on to finals would be 57%. Those would be the closest proportions. Which means we would have been in Finals! Oh well, there is always next year!