1979 North Star - Awesome!

But that's "myopic allegiance" for you.

Like I said, there are different ways of looking at it. You can either feel offended by someone else's dedication to their own corps, or you can look at the bigger picture and understand that everyone loves their corps just as much as you do. I don't consider that myopic, just human nature. And that utter devotion, while sometimes annoying to others outside our own corps, is part of what made each corps great.

Thanks once again.....ain't it a....well you know!

You've been the voice of reason for a long time and history remains the same!

More pictures to come no matter who wants to hate!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong as you knew him back then and would recognize him, but it almost looks too cute to be him.

I know, I'm awful but some of his features changed drastically if that's him. Is that too colorful to be him, I mean tan wise???

I know, I haven't changed a bit.... :lol: gulp....................... :lol::lol:

Girl ya making me laugh so hard my ribs hurt! :P Yeah, the "tan" is a big improvement....not the "white ghost" you saw! b**bs

unc, where's the picture of their big bass drummer's hair? Am I missing something or do you know what his hair looks like?

Thanks BAC 76-78, it's beautifully done and was happy to add it to this thread.

Again, if you could see every month that Ms. Malibu made of each corps....well, I guess that can be arranged, however I would need to Ms. Malibu's OK. Would that be alright with you? I can put it on the "some photos" thread - however I don't have to.....I know it was a personal gift and that you worked so long and hard on it. Your work should be shared with the world.....

Nancy, it's your calendar that I made for you. If you want to "show the world" go right ahead. It just thrills me that you still have it! Do you still have the doll too?

Nancy, it's your calendar that I made for you. If you want to "show the world" go right ahead. It just thrills me that you still have it! Do you still have the doll too?

Girlfriend that doll will never leave me, no matter where I go or what I do! It's in a safe place until I can find a glass cover and once I'm settled a great spot for it to show it off!

Thanks...loved Medieval Overture, btw. One of my favorite solos of the 80s.

OT, but thanks for saying so! It was a blast to play.

Thanks once again.....ain't it a....well you know!

You've been the voice of reason for a long time and history remains the same!

Thanks, Nancy. Much of this is definitely a "live and learn" process, and I'm certainly no exception . . . as you can tell from my own recollections. I'm not proud of a lot of the things I felt (and probably said) back then, but that's the whole point of living, to learn from those experiences and try not to repeat those mistakes. In the end, it's mostly good stuff, even if it doesn't all feel good at the time it's happening.

Thanks, Nancy. Much of this is definitely a "live and learn" process, and I'm certainly no exception . . . as you can tell from my own recollections. I'm not proud of a lot of the things I felt (and probably said) back then, but that's the whole point of living, to learn from those experiences and try not to repeat those mistakes. In the end, it's mostly good stuff, even if it doesn't all feel good at the time it's happening.

But as you say live and learn. I didn't really feel or think anything back then, my future was already written in the stars many years before. Some people just cannot or will not let go I guess.

But as you say live and learn. I didn't really feel or think anything back then, my future was already written in the stars many years before. Some people just cannot or will not let go I guess.

That's interesting. Maybe it was because I was a latecomer to the activity (and also because not only was I out of town, but also out of the country during the off-season) that I thought about it so much. In some ways, having a little too much time (and distance) to think fuels that process. So I was probably a little too focused on my own corps and not enough on the big picture. But that's what growing up and experiencing more of life in the real world help to do, is provide a more balanced perspective.

unc, where's the picture of their big bass drummer's hair? Am I missing something or do you know what his hair looks like?

Nanc, I think he's joking about the "mohawk" like haircut on the big bass drum player in THAT picture of the Blue Stars drumline. You gotta look close... right behind the girl snare drummer in the mauve colored shirt.

It really is too bad that this group NEEDS some of you.

It's really "nice" of some of you to comment on a drum and bugle corps that I marched with.. but really not necessary. It's not necessary of some of you to take OVER.

27th wasn't ever associated with North Star. Matter of fact.. THOSE folks that MARCHED with 27th?.. Let us know.. every moment.

I'll come back later.. I don't hang around DCP so much.. I'll be banned in a 27th MINUTE! :)

Sharon