1979 North Star - Awesome!

It really is too bad that this group NEEDS some of you.

It's really "nice" of some of you to comment on a drum and bugle corps that I marched with.. but really not necessary. It's not necessary of some of you to take OVER.

27th wasn't ever associated with North Star. Matter of fact.. THOSE folks that MARCHED with 27th?.. Let us know.. every moment.

I'll come back later.. I don't hang around DCP so much.. I'll be banned in a 27th MINUTE! :)

Sharon

What? :worthy:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really "nice" of some of you to comment on a drum and bugle corps that I marched with.. but really not necessary. It's not necessary of some of you to take OVER.

27th wasn't ever associated with North Star. Matter of fact.. THOSE folks that MARCHED with 27th?.. Let us know.. every moment.

I'll come back later.. I don't hang around DCP so much.. I'll be banned in a 27th MINUTE! :)

Sharon

I'm not sure I understand your post, Sharon.

Which group "needs" wha? :worthy:

And are you saying/asking that people STOP talking about/sharing memories of North Star? Because it irritates you personally? Because some of the facts are wrong? Because you never really did like 27th, so you don't want anyone from them talking about North Star? And you don't think it's "necessary" to discuss drum and bugle corps in a drum and bugle corps forum? :laugh: I'm very cornfused by your post... (I spelled "confused" that way on purpose... just FYI.)

I don't believe anyone is trying to "take over" anything, and if you have something to contribute or facts to add, then jump on in... don't be shy. But don't think your post there didn't just give everyone who read it a pause to think that you have a chip on your shoulder about 27th, about this forum and that you would prefer that no one ever talk about North Star, cause that's what I feel like you're saying.

And why would you want to come into any chat forum and assume that what you have to say will get you banned? :laugh:

Sharon

Sheesh. Bitter much?

Sharon

Sharon, I'm not sure why you're carrying around such a huge chip on your shoulder. Maybe if you figure out a way to shave that beam down to a woodchip, you won't take offense to people sharing their recollections about North Star. It seems you developed a very antagonistic attitude toward Two-Seven. I have no idea why, except that maybe it all revolves around competitive issues. They ended up ranking higher, and sticking around a bit longer, than North Star. But competitive rankings don't have anything to do with what each corps member feels about his or her corps. Rankings, high or low, have no effect on how we feel about our own corps. And nothing anyone else says or does can diminish that. Yet, for whatever reason, you're carrying around these old, competitive rivalries as if they'd just happened yesterday. To me, that indicates feelings of insecurity on your part that you've never resolved. I've been there, so I speak from experience. The only way to get past that point is to do a whole lotta interior work; waiting around for "the other guy" (or gal) achieves nothing.

Why wouldn't people comment on their memories about North Star? I thought that's what you wanted, but apparently not. Personally, I love it when people share their memories about Oakland. It tells me that people remember, and we made an impact outside our own group. You saying Two-Seven was never associated with North Star is like saying Oakland was never associated with Seneca. Of course, there weren't any official associations, but that doesn't negate all the personal associations that existed. You can't escape that when the organizations are in such close proximity to one another.

If you choose not to hang around DCP, that's your choice. The drama about being "banned" is irrelevant. You can choose to be positive in your relationships here on DCP, or you can be negative. You can choose to interpret things in a positive or negative way. It's all up to you. It appears you've chosen the negative route. So be it. But remember, that's your choice, and it's something you own. It's not something you can blame on anyone else. That timeless, and oh so wise, quote by Eleanor Roosevelt comes to mind: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

Edited by byline

With all due respect what were the other corps you marched with? Anyone from the Metro. Boston area knows that the Northstar was a merger of I think 5 corps. And so be it(yes they were good). And we all probably marched together at one time or another. Lighten up Sharon.

Edited by BAC76-80

As a fellow ex-Sader, I agree with BAC76-80. Lighten up.

And Lancer Fi, you continue to be a class act.

Golly, I love all this discussion about the awesomeness of the 1979 North Star.

Did you know the Chrome Wall tied SCV in execution that year?

Of course you did.

Sharon

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

~G~

As a fellow ex-Sader, I agree with BAC76-80. Lighten up.

And Lancer Fi, you continue to be a class act.

Gracias craiga.... :doh:

Sharon

:lol:

Sharon must have been in a bad mood on the 18th. The same day she posted the above, she challenged me in another forum. Here is my response.

:worthy:

Back to the original topic. I'm glad to see everyone discussing my favorite year as a member. In particular, I'm thrilled to read all the commentary about 1979 CYO Nationals. I personally think that was the best performance North Star ever put on while I marched with them (1979 and 1981), if not their best performance ever. Thank you, all of you who posted about that magical evening in Newton.

:worthy: