Lee Beddis to head Carolina Crown Percussion

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiosity, didn't Crown finish 12th in percussion on Finals night? I haven't checked the recaps, I'm just going on what I heard someone else say.

I wonder, how they would have placed if their percussion scores were at least as high as their overall placement scores.

I do know that I have heard some folks associated with Crown express some disatisfaction with the way the percussion section was developed this past season.

I think this is a definite move in the right direction.

If you do the math and move Crown's percussion score to a tie for 8th, Crown would be in 7th (+0.6).

Edited by fourouttheforty

great news all round!! good arranger brought on!!

CC deserved to be 7TH and challeging 4 6th in 2006 if not 4 a poor drum arrangement.

lets hope they can get back to the cc drumlines of 95', 96' 2000/01 or better.

love the corps and want to see them break top 6 at least once COME ON CROWN!

Another shining jewel in the Crown. I'm willing to list them as a possible top 6, but I'm using a pencil with a good eraser just in case. It's early yet.

If you do the math and move Crown's percussion score to a tie for 8th, Crown would be in 7th (+0.6).

and that's just an increase in the percussion score... keep in mind all the other scores that a sub-par drumline affects, such as Music GE, Visual Ensemble and Performance, Music Ensemble... etc etc etc... Add those tenths in there, and they may have been even closer to the top 6 than anyone anticipates... Great snag Crown!

Just out of curiosity, didn't Crown finish 12th in percussion on Finals night?

Carolina Crown finished with a 16.75 on Finals night, in 12th place. They were .5 points behind Spirit's 11th place drum line and 1.2 points behind Blue Knights' drum line.

If Crown's drums had finished 11th, that would have been enough to keep them in 7th. The corps was over 2 points behind SCV overall, however, so a 6th place finish would have been difficult without a top 6 drum line score, as well as the benefits to Ensemble Music and GE Music.

2006 was Crown's 2nd year finishing 12th in Percussion Performance. Both 12th place finishes occured after Paul Rennick left Crown to focus full-time on Phantom Regiment.

A little background on Lee Beddis: He has taken over 12th place drumlines twice in the past ('96 Glassmen and 2000 Crossmen). Both times, the drum line improved. Glassmen's drum line finished 6th in '97, 4th in '98 and '99, and 8th in 2000. Crossmen's drum line finished 8th in 2001, 6th in 2002, and 7th in 2003.

The above stats were retrieved from the From the Pressbox and Drum Corps International websites.

I was so impressed with their horn line this year, what place did the horn line come in? They must've carried the corps this year.....

I also enjoyed their drill...what I saw of it...

"One man's loss..."

Edited by Lancerlady

I was so impressed with their horn line this year, what place did the horn line come in? They must've carried the corps this year.....

I also enjoyed their drill...what I saw of it...

"One man's loss..."

6th. .3 out of 5th behind the Cadets.

With the exception of percussion, every caption at CC was pretty good.

Edited by tubamann

6th. .3 out of 5th behind the Cadets.

With the exception of percussion, every caption at CC was pretty good.

Actually it was .4 behind cadets 18.7 to 18.3 with SCV in 7th at 18.1