Pre Hoppy ... Post Hoppy

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey - didn't I buy that photo on Ebay - then distribute it somewhere - then claim it was my original photo - then watermark it - then PM someone telling them they can't use it because it was a copyright violation - then looked a little harder at the url - then figured out I was full of it - then said good job posting it - all the time completely missing the WONDERFUL meaning of the post by Nancid? Oh wait - nope - not me!!! I love the irony of your post!!

Thanks NanciD!! :worthy:

Hey - didn't I buy that photo on Ebay - then distribute it somewhere - then claim it was my original photo - then watermark it - then PM someone telling them they can't use it because it was a copyright violation - then looked a little harder at the url - then figured out I was full of it - then said good job posting it - all the time completely missing the WONDERFUL meaning of the post by Nancid? Oh wait - nope - not me!!! I love the irony of your post!!

Thanks NanciD!! :drool:

:blink: So what exactly are you saying? Are you addressing me??? Because if you are, you are calling me a liar, which I do not appreciate. I DID purchase that photo many, many years ago! I carelessly posted it on here a while back. Do I need to bring up the original post? :sshh:

Edited by Malibu

Yes. I posted the above links to those pics.... then....

I get a personal message (why they took it to personal message... opposed to out here in the public eye... I have no idea)from some one here on DCP...

Telling me...

*I went to your website and saw many pictures that were posted on DCP including

some that belonged to me. It appears you are selling them....I hope not, because

this is the very thing that DCI has an issue with.

I URGE you to take them off and close the account unless you were the

photographer.

Thanks!*

~~~~~~~~~~~

What a crock!

First of all...

I doubt that this person ever went to my *Historical Blog*.

I think they are confusing *my site* with someone elses site.

My site is a tribute to all past members, staff, writers and photographers and I

always list what issue and what publication and what photographer...etc...

Show me where I am selling anything. No, really, please show me.

I think this person needs to get a grip.

I think this person also needs to pay a bit more attention. And stop being so

dang nasty...

*URGE* this. Sheesh...

This is what I get for archiving our beloved history as best I can?

And contributing to conversations...

:drool: So what exactly are you saying? Are you addressing me??? Because if you are, you are calling me a liar, which I do not appreciate. I DID purchase that photo many, many years ago! I carelessly posted it on here a while back. Do I need to bring up the original post? :sshh:

No, Honey... he wasn't addressing you.

:drool: So what exactly are you saying? Are you addressing me??? Because if you are, you are calling me a liar, which I do not appreciate. I DID purchase that photo many, many years ago! I carelessly posted it on here a while back. Do I need to bring up the original post? :sshh:

Just to be accurate:

1) Purchasing a photo does not give one any rights to it...

2) The link to the photo in question was not here, does not reside on Nanci's server - nor is she the one who put it on the linked site, as is obvious when one looks at the pertinent webpage...

BTW, if you were the one who emailed her, you owe her an apology...

Not referencing anyone in particular. Just sticking up for Nancid - heard about the person who sent her the nastygram - that's all. Don't care about the original post. I just think it's silly how folks can get so bent out of shape over something so well intentioned and harmless. When was the last post you saw referencing Hoppy that was purely meant for fun, not for hateful reasons? NanciD probably spends more time researching DrumCorps history than anyone and always has the best of intentions.

Edited by Jazzycat1

Ed Ferguson must have sent it to me..At the time my site was made (4 years ago) I never even heard of this site...DCP...In fact, I have never been on here until maybe 6 months ago....If you got it from Ed and you put it on this site and I got it from you than you are responsible for the photo getting out on the net...Ed and all photographers are responsible for having their name, copyright, no copy on pic or simply make it so you cannot click on it...how does the public know who the photo belongs to if it is not on there...Moe Knox has his name on a lot...Corps and Bands have it written across the face....so unless you can prove to me I have copyright pictures on there I will NOT remove anymore...If you prove it is a photographers picture, I will be more than happy to obligue...

Sincerely, Marlene Brown

:drool:

The 1979 Garfield Cadet photo I purchased from Ed Ferguson many years ago. I do remember posting it on here a few times. Glad you could use it.