• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

81 - Regiment - Spartacus - enough said

I never heard or seen a drum corps until I actually joined one in '80. Then I was hooked. Phantom's '81 Spartacus was the lynch pin for me. Last year I really enjoyed was 2000 with Cadet's doing We Are the Future show. It's been downhill ever since.

I remember fliping through the channels a saw a marching band playing 1812. Called my trumpet teacher (retired band director) and told him some marching band is on the tv. He said it was drum corps and I needed to watch it.

So I rememeber to this day who I tought should of won that night (don't agree anymore, I was only about to start High School).

I loved 92 Star!!!!

I hated the Blue Devils but they became my all time favorite corps.

A fellow high school drummer marched Bluecoats in '89 but it was a trip to see him play that Phantom knocked me off my rocker.

Blue Devils 2000 (on tape) back in 2003 I believe (over Cadets, believe it or don't). I didn't want to see Cadets, I wanted to see BD's show over and over. The accelerando mallet feature got me hooked and to this day I hear new things every time I listen to it. The drum book is amazing and I love the music. Don't get me wrong, I love Cadets 2000, but I still like BD 2000 better.

the first drum corps thing I was exposed to was an audio recording of an early season Cadets 2000 show. 2003 was my freshman year in marching band, and our show was Disney's Millenium Celebration. I looked on Limewire or something for a recording and found something called "DCI..." something or other. I didn't really like their arrangement of the songs since it was different the one I was playing, but it was fun to listen to.

I searched around on the internet for more "DCI" stuff and came across a video of Cavies 2002. Yeah...I was pretty much hooked